Edsel Riley West Sr.
February 3, 1928 – August 3, 2018
Edsel Riley West Sr., born on February 3, 1928, went to be with the Lord on August 3, 2018, at the age of 90. Edsel worked for Metro Bus Company and retired after 37 years. He was a man of his word who loved his family and friends. Preceded in death by his daughter in-law; Margie West, daughter; Brenda West, and wife of 65 years; Melba West, Edsel is survived by sons; Edsel West Jr., Ronald West, Jimmie West and wife Carrie Strickland, and Randy West and wife Teresa, daughter; Sandy Jenkins, grandchildren: Jennifer, James, Alex, Keith, Jimmie, Jessica, Randy, Rachel, Devan, seventeen great grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild. Edsel is also survived by numerous other family members and friends. The family would also like to extend a special thank you to: Brenda Lacewell for her love, kindness and compassion that she showed towards “our dad”, and Traditions Hospice for their loving care. Visitation will be held at Cashner Funeral Home in Conroe, Texas on Tuesday, August 7, 2018, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Funeral service for Edsel Riley West Sr. will be held at Cashner Colonial Chapel on Wednesday, August 8, 2018, at 10:00am with interment following at Willis Cemetery at 11:30am. To leave condolences for the family, please go to cashnerconroe.com
- Edsel West Jr., Son
- Ronald West, Son
- Jimmie West and wife Carrie Strickland, Son
- Randy West and wife Teresa, Son
- Sandy Jenkins, Daughter
- Melba West, Wife of 65 years
- Brenda West, Daughter
- Margie West, Daughter-in-law
- Grandchildren: Jennifer, James, Alex, Keith, Jimmie, Jessica, Randy, Rachel and Devan; Seventeen great grandchildren; one great-great grandchild; Numerous other family members and a host of friends.
- Randy West
- Alex Averitt
- Noah Averitt
- Devin West
- Braven West
- Ryan Averitt, Honorary Pallbearer
- David Paulock, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kasen West, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Edsel Riley West Sr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 9, 2018
My sincerest condolences on the passing of Edsel.
May the God of all comfort strengthen the family during this time of deep sorrow.(John 5:28,29)