Laurine E. Sullins
February 17, 1925 – March 13, 2021
Laurine was born on February 17, 1925 in Dayton, TX, and passed away peacefully on March 13, 2021 in Conroe, Texas. She was raised on a farm and had a very happy childhood.
She's preceded in death by her husband Ed Sullins; parents Ernest and Minnie (Frieze) Lewis; Her daughter and son-in-law, Janis and Doug Thompson; her oldest granddaughter, Charla Crawley; five brothers and one sister.
She is survived by her children Cheryl Fry and Jim Bullion of Magnolia, and Jack Bullion and wife Cindy of Conroe; Grandchildren Aimee Parkes, Janis Parkes and Justin Fisher, Colette Bullion Teel and husband Keelan, Greg Peace (and Kimberly), and James Fry (and Amanda); 8 great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Laurine would often break out into song this past year. The last song she was singing was "Love Lifted Me".(Alan Jackson) She had some unique lyrics she would sing:
"Souls in danger, look above. Jesus completely saves. When nothing else could help, Love Lifted Me. He, your Savior, wants you to be saved today. Jesus completely saves."
A visitation for Laurine will be held Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Metcalf Funeral Directors.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared with the Sullins family by clicking the "Add a Memory" tab.
- Ernest and Minnie (Frieze) Lewis, Parents (deceased)
- Ed Sullins, Husband (deceased)
- Janis Thompson and husband Doug, Daughter
- Cheryl Fry, Daughter
- Jim Bullion, Son
- Jack Bullion and wife Cindy, Son
- Charla Crawley, Granddaughter
- Aimee Parkes, Granddaughter
- Janis Parkes and Joseph Fisher, Granddaughter
- Colette Bullion Teel and husband Keelan, Granddaughter
- Greg Peace and wife Kimberly, Grandson
- James Fry and wife Amanda, Grandson
- Five brothers, one sister, 8 great grandchildren and numerous other relatives and friends are also left to cherish her memory.
Saturday, March 20, 2021
Monday, March 29, 2021