Miles Franklin Stanley
July 28, 1925 – September 8, 2018
On Saturday the 8th of September 2018, Miles Franklin Stanley passed away peacefully while surrounded by his family. He was 93 years of age.
Miles is survived by his daughter, Marsha Stanley Mitchell of Spring; sons, B. Frank Stanley (and wife Suzanne) of Houston, Miles (Ronnie) Stanley (and wife Debra) of Corpus Christi; and daughter, Fran Stanley Porter of Edmond, Oklahoma. He is also cherished by his grandchildren, Laura Mitchell Salmo (and husband Matt), Kenneth Mitchell (and wife Angie), Ryann Stanley Detamore (and husband Brett), Bryce Stanley, Katie Stanley Robertson (and husband Colby), Kelly Porter Jones (and husband Ryan) and Jackie Porter Myers (and husband Jeff); great-grandchildren, Adriana and Evan Salmo; Tyler, Brayden and Kylie Robertson; Cash, Benny and Bowen Detamore as well as many admiring nieces and nephews.
Miles was preceded in death by his parents, Benjamin Martial and Mary White Stanley of Midland, Texas; Derah Frances Stanley (Brannen), his wife of 59 years; brothers, Duffy and Ben Stanley; sister, Joan Stanley Brown; and many friends and family, too numerous to list but not forgotten. Miles was raised in Midland, Texas and attended Texas A&M University. He entered the oil business in San Angelo where he learned the ropes but more importantly met his beloved future wife, Derah. Subsequently, they moved to Houston to start their family, where he worked for 35 years at the giant oil company, Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Corporation (TRANSCO), becoming a master draftsman documenting highly valuable information for oil companies who sought out his one-of-a-kind and innovative maps. Capitalizing on the expertise gained over these years, Miles also had his own successful mapping business generating detailed offshore maps that plotted pipeline layouts and recorded other critical information from the new oilfields in the Gulf. Miles and Derah raised their family in the Willowbend subdivision in Houston until retiring to the golf course in Panorama Village in Conroe. Golf and collecting golf paraphernalia became his passion and he amassed an impressive collection of antique golf clubs and books on the history of golf. If he wasn’t on the golf course, he could be found watching the golf channel or following the stock market quotes on CNBC.
The family would like to extend special thanks to Wayne Norman, Harbor Hospice chaplain, who was an old Panorama golfing buddy and trusted counselor.
Friends and family are cordially invited to attend a celebration of Miles Stanley’s life on Saturday, September 15, 2018 in the chapel at Cashner Funeral Home, 801 Teas Road in Conroe. In honor of Miles, donations may be made to the Bowen Lee Detamore Foundation fund, which supports pediatric brain recovery research.
Bowen Lee Detamore Foundation, 4926 Cheena Dr Houston, TX 77096
For more information or online contribution, click on website at: https://bowenleedetamore.wordpress.com/
- Marsha Stanley Mitchell, Daughter
- B. Frank Stanley and wife Suzanne, Son
- Miles "Ronnie" Stanley and wife Debra, Son
- Fran Stanley Porter, Daughter
- Laura Mitchell Salmo and husband Matt, Grandchild
- Kenneth Mitchell and wife Angie, Grandchild
- Ryann Stanley Detamore and husband Brett, Grandchild
- Bryce Stanley, Grandchild
- Katie Stanley Robertson and husband Colby, Grandchild
- Kelly Porter Jones and husband Ryan, Grandchild
- Jackie Porter Myers and husband Jeff, Grandchild
- Adriana Salmo, Great Grandchild
- Evan Salmo, Great Grandchild
- Tyler Robertson, Great Grandchild
- Brayden Robertson, Great Grandchild
- Kylie Robertson, Great Grandchild
- Cash Detamore, Great Grandchild
- Benny Detamore, Great Grandchild
- Bowen Detamore, Great Grandchild
- Mary White Stanley, Mother
- Benjamin Martial Stanley, Father
- Derah Frances Brannen Stanley, Loving wife of 59 years
- Duffy Stanley, Brother
- Ben Stanley, Brother
- Joan Stanley Brown, Sister
- Numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends.
- Celebration of Life Memorial Service Saturday, September 15, 2018
Miles Franklin Stanley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY