Neva June Freeman
November 18, 1930 – May 21, 2020
Neva June Freeman, loving and devoted wife of 72 years to Bruce B. Freeman of Conroe, TX went to be with the Lord Thursday, May 21, 2020. Born in Miami, Oklahoma on November 18, 1930, she is preceded in death by her parents Floyd and Cleo Branson and her brothers and sisters-in-law, Marcella and Floyd Branson, Jr., Dorothy and Bob Branson, Sara and Eugene Branson, and Margret Branson. She is survived by her husband, Bruce B. Freeman of Conroe, TX, her brother, Larry J. Branson, of Sunrise Beach, Missouri, three children and their spouses, Jimmy B. Freeman and his wife Gail, Sandra J. Brewer and husband Ken, and Leisa A. Roberts and husband Randy. She deeply loved her nine grandchildren, Brandy Freeman, Windy Tyznik and husband Paul, Stacey Simpson and husband Barret, Brad Brewer and wife Kate, J.R. Roberts and wife Shea, Amber Daughtery and husband Shane, Joshua "Ty" Roberts and wife Corine, Reagan Roberts, and Brittany Suria. She is also survived by 19 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great grandchildren who were bright lights of joy and pride in her life, as well as, numerous nieces and nephews. Neva was an active member of the Encouragers Class at First Baptist Church of Conroe, a long-time employee in the fashion industry at Connie's clothing store in Conroe until the time of its closing, spent many hours with her grandchildren collecting Beanie Babies during the peak of that trend, enjoyed the time she spent with her friend Gayle Rodgers making porcelain dolls, and in her earlier years loved to dance. Bruce and Neva met and were married in Miami, Oklahoma, August 15, 1948, where he was attending flight training at Spartan School of Aeronautics. She and Bruce lived in Atoka and Durant, Oklahoma following their marriage, then moved to Victoria, San Antonio and Corpus Christi, Texas before returning to Conroe where they have resided since 1968. Neva's most enjoyable days were those spent with family celebrating birthdays, holidays, and milestones where she could shower her family with love and laughter, or cheering on her grandchildren as they competed in various events. The family would like to thank Dr. Hallbauer, Vitas Hospice Care, and Brenda Peterson, RN who so loving walked alongside Mom, and us, as she journeyed through the stages of Alzheimer's Disease. We, her children, are also so thankful for how our dad has stood by her side and shown us what true devotion is as he so gently and lovingly cared for her day in and day out for the past few years. Pallbearers are her grandsons, Brad Brewer, J.R. Roberts, Ty Roberts, Reagan Roberts, Devon Freeman, and Peydon Vasquez. A graveside service will be held at Garden Park Cemetery in Conroe, Texas on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 10:00am.
- Bruce B. Freeman, Husband of 72 years
- Larry J. Branson, Brother
- Jimmy B. Freeman and wife Gail, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Sandra J. Brewer and husband Ken, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Leisa A. Roberts and husband Randy, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Brandy Freeman, Grandchild
- Windy Tyznik and husband Paul, Grandchild
- Stacey Simpson and husband Barret, Grandchild
- Brad Brewer and wife Kate, Grandchild
- J.R. Roberts and wife Shea, Grandchild
- Amber Daughtery and husband Shane, Grandchild
- Joshua "Ty" Roberts and wife Corine, Grandchild
- Reagan Roberts, Grandchild
- Brittany Suria, Grandchild
- Floyd and Cleo Branson, Parents (deceased)
- Marcella and Floyd Branson, Jr., Brother and Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Dorothy and Bob Branson, Brother and Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Sara and Eugene Branson, Brother and Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Margaret Branson, Sister in law (deceased)
- Nineteen great grandchildren and three great-great grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews also survive.
Learn more about the Freeman name
- Brad Brewer
- J.R. Roberts
- Ty Roberts
- Reagan Roberts
- Devon Freeman
- Peydon Vasquez
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Neva June Freeman
May 26, 2020
My parents still live over here by Neva and Bruce. As I passed by today, I Noticed a number of cars there. As I looked up I see she has passed. I am so sorry. I wanted to share that I worked with Neva at Connie’s Clothing Store while I was in high school. She was the best. Her and Ms Etie and Connie were amazing to me. Please know your family is in our prayers.
May 22, 2020
So sorry to hear of Neva’s passing. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Abel and Pattie Garcia
May 22, 2020
We are so sorry to hear about Neva. May God bring you comfort and strength .Our prayers and sympathy to all.
May 22, 2020
I am so sorry to hear this news. Neva was a beautiful lady. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.