Willie Ione Shepard
July 21, 1924 – July 6, 2018
Willie Ione White Shepard passed away on July 6, 2018, in Conroe, Texas. Willie was born in Grimes county in Bedias, Texas, July 21, 1924, to William Wilson White and Sarah Elizabeth (Harwell) White, the 7th of seven children.
Willie graduated from Huntsville High School and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Sam Houston State Teachers College. Willie was raised in Huntsville, Texas and married Lester Clark Shepard on June 11, 1948. They celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary this summer.
Willie was preceded in death by her parents; son Lester Clark Shepard Jr., brothers Frank Edd White, Glen Allen White, William Gordon White: sisters Ruby Kay Krumnow, Una Ellen McGown, and Winifred Trant. Survivors include husband Lester Clark Shepard; daughter and son-in-law Becky and Robert Page, granddaughter and husband Jessica and John Kacher, granddaughter and husband Jennifer and Pablo Gomez; great granddaughters Madeline and Emily Kacher, Ellen and Sophie Gomez; great grandsons Andrew and Benjamin Gomez. She also leaves behind many nieces and nephews.
Willie was a faithful member of the First Presbyterian Church and participated in volunteer roles and bible studies. She was firm in her faith and death held no power over her. After raising her beautiful children, Willie became an asset to the family business, Shepard Furniture Inc., where her attention to beauty and detail was evident in all that she did. She was the epitome of social grace and enjoyed time with her friends hosting beautiful dinner parties and games of bridge. She loved traveling and explored the world with both her family and friends. She lavished affection on her family, joyfully spoiling them with her amazing cooking. She was understanding, supportive, and had a generous nature.
Visitation will be at Cashner Funeral Home on Monday, July 9, 2018 from 5-7pm. The Celebration of Life service will be in the Cashner Colonial Chapel on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 in the Cashner Colonial Chapel at 10am with Dr. Richard Young officiating. Burial will follow in the Garden Park Cemetery. Pallbearers for the service will be: Glenn E. Musselman, Morris Dean, Dick McGown, Cecil Joiner, Dick Natale and Chris Baughman. Honorary Pallbearers will be: Morris Bateman, Butch Bateman and Steve Law. To leave condolences to the family, visit our website at www.cashnerconroe.com
- Lester Clark Shepard, Husband
- Becky Page and husband Robert, Daughter
- Jessica Kacher and husband John, Grandchild
- Jennifer Gomez and husband Pablo, Grandchild
- Madeline Kacher, Great Grandchild
- Emily Kacher, Great Grandchild
- Ellen Gomez, Great Grandchild
- Sophie Gomez, Great Grandchild
- Andrew Gomez, Great Grandchild
- Benjamin Gomez, Great Grandchild
- William Wilson White, Father
- Sarah Elizabeth Harwell White, Mother
- Lester Clark Shepard Jr., Son
- Frank Edd White, Brother
- Glen Allen White, Brother
- William Gordon White, Brother
- Ruby Kay Krumnow, Sister
- Una Ellen McGown, Sister
- Winifred Trant, Sister
- Many nieces, nephews and a host of friends also survive.
- Glenn E. Musselman
- Morris Dean
- Dick McGown
- Cecil Joiner
- Dick Natale
- Chris Baughman
- Morris Bateman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Butch Bateman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Steve Law, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, July 9, 2018
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Willie Ione Shepard
July 7, 2018
She was such a Beautiful Lady inside and out. Loved working for her and Mr. Shepard, they were so good to all of us and had an amazing Furniture Store. Prayers for the Family~