Mildred "Mil" Mahfouz
August 26, 1925 – November 27, 2018
Carmela Mahfouz, age 93, of Plano, Texas passed away on Tuesday November 27, 2018. Carmela was born Wednesday August 26, 1925 in Brooklyn, New York to Carmela DiPasca Grimaldi and Gerald Grimaldi, the second born of four children.
Mildred grew up in Brooklyn, New York with her three siblings Louise, Phyllis, and Antoinette. She was known as Mildred or “Mil” by those close to her. A memorable childhood moment was when she was pulled out of quicksand by a big hunky guy at 12-years old. She was raised Roman Catholic and remained in her faith as an adult. She graduated from New Utrecht High School in 1941 and worked as a bookkeeper for 49 years.
Mildred married her soul mate and love of her life, Louis Mahfouz, on Sunday, June 08, 1947 at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Brooklyn, New York. The couple enjoyed 71 amazing years together and were at devoted to one another as they day they married. They had two beautiful children daughter Linda and son Richard. The children brought them five wonderful grandsons Richard, Michael, Joseph, Patrick and Richard. This in turn brought them the joy nine great-grandchildren Margaret, Thomas, Anna, McKenna, Ava, Mykaela, Leo, Teagan, and Lucas. Mil loved her family and was devoted to her husband, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. A cultural tradition she enjoyed and loved sharing with her family was 7 fishes for Christmas Eve Dinner.
Mildred’s favorite pastimes includes playing canasta, Rummikub, and doing crossword puzzles. She loved the upstate New York area, whether it was visiting Mountain Lodge every summer as a child or taking her grandchildren to Lake George.
Mildred was preceded in death by; mother Carmela Di Pasca Grimaldi; father Gerald Grimaldi; grandson Joseph, sister Louise Cavello; sister Phyllis Young; and sister Antoinette Polito.
Mildred is survived by her husband, Louis Mahfouz; daughter Linda [Mahfouz] Clerkin (Thomas); son Richard L Mahfouz (Jacqueline); Grandson Richard Clerkin (Rhonda); Grandson Michael Clerkin (Nicole); Grandson Patrick Clerkin (Kimberly); Grandson Richard Mahfouz (Sonia); Great-granddaughter Margaret Clerkin; Great-grandson Thomas Clerkin; Great-granddaughter Anna Clerkin; Great-granddaughter Mckenna Clerkin; Great-granddaughter Ava Clerkin; Great-granddaughter Mykeala Clerkin; Great-grandson Leo Mahfouz; Great-granddaughter Teagan Clerkin; and Great-grandson Lucas Mahfouz.
Mildred’s family would like to give special thanks and appreciation to the 6th floor nurses and staff at Baylor Hospital Plano, Texas and Vitas Hospice Care.
A Visitation, for Mildred, will occur on Saturday, December 01, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. a Funeral Mass will follow at 12:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Mausoleum Chapel 3900 Rowlett Road Rowlett, Texas 75088.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.teddickeywestfuneral.com for the Mahfouz family.
- Carmela Grimaldi, Mother
- Gerald Grimaldi, Father
- Louis Mahfouz, Husband
- Linda Clerkin, Daughter
- Richard L Mahfouz, Son
- Thomas Clerkin, Son-in-law
- Jacqueline Mahfouz, Daughter-in-law
- Richard Clerkin, Grandson
- Michael Clerkin, Grandson
- Joseph Clerkin, Grandson
- Patrick Clerkin, Grandson
- Richard Mahfouz, Grandson
- Rhonda Clerkin, Granddaughter-in-law
- Nicole Clerkin, Granddaughter-in-law
- Kimberly Clerkin, Granddaughter-in-law
- Sonia Mahfouz, Granddaughter-in-law
- Margaret Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Thomas Clerkin, Great Grandson
- Anna Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Mckenna Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Ava Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Mykeala Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Leo Mahfouz, Great Grandson
- Teagan Clerkin, Great Granddaughter
- Lucas Mahfouz, Great Grandson
- Louise Cavello, Sister
- Phyllis Young, Sister
- Antoinette Polito, Sister
- Mildred also leaves many extended family and friends to cherish her memory
- Funeral Mass Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Visitation Saturday, December 1, 2018
Mildred "Mil" Mahfouz
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY