Mary Lou Baca
September 30, 1931 – April 1, 2021
Mary Lou Baca departed from us on April 1st, 2021 at home surrounded by love and family. She was born on September 30th, 1931 and lived a wonderful and blessed 89 years.
A beloved mother, grandmother, aunt, and friend, she was preceded in death by her husband Alfredo Baca; her parents Leonarda and Pedro Apodaca; and her brother and sister Reyes Holguin and Adelina Romero. She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law Mellisa and Steve Fuentes, and her grandchildren Katherine and her husband Luis Cortez, Olivia, and Stephanie.
She had a fiery passion for life and laughter, and she was the strongest soul you would have ever seen; hard-working and gracious. She loved her family and friends, and they loved her dearly in return. Her faith in God and her family was boundless. She will be deeply missed, but she will live on in our hearts and memories forever.
Funeraria Del Angel Central at 3839 Montana Ave. carries out her final wishes with a visitation from 5:00PM-9:00PM with a Holy vigil at 7:00PM on Wednesday, April 7th. A Funeral mass will be held on Thursday, April 8th at 9:30AM at Cristo Rey Catholic Church followed by burial in Evergreen Cemetery Alameda, 4301 Alameda Ave, at 11:00AM.
- Pedro Apodaca, Father (deceased)
- Leonarda Candelaria Apodaca, Mother (deceased)
- Alfredo Baca, Husband (deceased)
- Reyes Alfredo, Brother (deceased)
- Adelina Romero, Sister (deceased)
- Mellisa Fuentes (Steve Fuentes), Daughter
- Katherine Cortez (Luis Cortez), Granddaughter
- Olivia Fuentes, Granddaughter
- Stephanie Fuentes, Granddaughter
- Steve Fuentes Jr. , Pallbearer
- Luis Cortez, Pallbearer
- Olivia Fuentes, Pallbearer
- Katherine Fuentes, Pallbearer
- Dante De La Cruz , Pallbearer
- Gabriel De La Cruz , Pallbearer