December 2, 1932 – July 11, 2020
Amelia Trujillo beloved wife, mother and grandmother passed away peacefully July 11, 2020, in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Amelia was born in Penasco, New Mexico December 2, 1932. She was one of 12 children born to Manuel and Elevite Cruz. She met Alfredo Trujillo in Red Cliff, Colorado and they were married in Leadville, Colorado on June 28, 1953. In the spring of 1968 they bought their dream home in Colorado Springs and raised their four children Helen, Diana, Raymond and Brenda.
Amelia worked at Kmart and retired from the company after 26 years of dedicated service while raising a family with home cooked meals and a tidy house. Amelia was a woman of strong Catholic faith. She loved family and always had a welcoming smile and hugs for guests with a plate of cookies and coffee. Amelia blessed us with her 87 years of life. She will be truly missed but NEVER forgotten.
She is survived by her husband Alfredo of 67 years of marriage and a legacy of children and grandchildren. Children: Helen Romero, Diana Gove, Raymond Trujillo (deceased) and Brenda Trujillo. Grandchildren: Gail (Joe) Gonzalez, Amy (Justin) Goergen, Rosanna Romero, Jolene Zamora, LeAnn (Timothy) Duckworth, Cal T., Andrea Vigil and Valerie Vigil (deceased). Great-grand children : Isabel and Olivia Gonzalez, Valantina (Traveion) Paillette, Emrick Alexeya and Javin Goergen. Layla, Serena and Annalicia Martinez. Jaden Almanza and Caleb Duckworth. Great great-grandchildren: Briar and Dutch Paillette.
- Manuel Cruz, Father (deceased)
- Elivete Leyba, Mother
- Alfredo Trujillo, Husband
- Helen Romero, Daughter
- Diana Gove, Daughter
- Raymond Trujillo, Son (deceased)
- Brenda Trujillo, Daughter
- Gail Gonzalez (Joe), Grandchild
- Amy Goergen (Justin), Grandchild
- Rosanna Romero, Grandchild
- Jolene Zamora, Grandchild
- LeAnn Duckworth (Timothy), Grandchild
- Cal T, Grandchild
- Andrea Vigil, Grandchild
- Valerie Vigil, Grandchild (deceased)
- Amelia is also survived by her great-grandchildren : Isabel and Olivia Gonzalez, Valantina (Traveion) Paillette, Emrick Alexeya and Javin Goergen. Layla, Serena and Annalicia Martinez. Jaden Almanza and Caleb Duckworth. Great-great-grandchildren: Briar and Dutch Paillette.
Learn more about the Trujillo name
No public services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
July 19, 2020
It would be impossible to share just ONE memory of this wonderful lady I got to call neighbor. I have been blessed to have known Amelia for just about forty years the one thing that MUST be said is"SHE SURE LIVED LIFE"!!! The memories that flood my mind ALL bring a smile to my face.."don't mess with my toot toot","WHATEVERRRR". there is no way one memory would ever fit into this ladies legacy.. Thank you God for sharing her with me, she is one person who will surely be remembered for a hundred years or better..
My love and condolences to her loved ones .