Elizabeth Alleen Hutchens
December 5, 1918 – November 27, 2018
Elizabeth Alleen Hutchens, 99, formerly of Williamsburg, Missouri passed away on November 27, 2018 at Missouri Veterans Home in Mexico, Missouri. Visitation at Debo Funeral Home in Fulton, Missouri, on Tuesday, December 4th from 3:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Services to follow. Burial, with Military Honors, at Memorial Park Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri, on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. Alleen was born on December 5, 1918 in Jefferson City, Missouri to the late Howard and Olivia Pinson. She was preceded in death by her husband Eugene Hutchens, Sr.; son, Eugene Hutchens, Jr.; brother, Thomas Pinson; and sister, Etheleen Mullen. She is survived by her granddaughter, Lisa (Guy) Gevers; great-grandchildren, Lacy (Matthew) Gevers and Guy Gevers, Jr.; great-great-granddaughter, Lou McFarlane along with her cousin, Betty (Dwight) Russnogle and various nieces and nephews. A graduate of Maplewood High School, Alleen then earned her degree from Washington University in St. Louis. Alleen served as a Corporal in the Women’s Army Corps for the duration of World War II. Upon discharge she worked for the United States Government until her retirement. In later years she worked part-time as a greeter for the Fulton Wal-Mart. Alleen was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star, Chapter 35. She was an accomplished seamstress and she had a deep love for all animals. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Jefferson City Animal Shelter.
- Lisa (Guy) Gevers, Granddaughter
- Lacy (Matthew) Gevers, Great Granddaughter
- Guy Gevers Jr., Great Grandson
- Lou McFarlane, Great-great-granddaughter
- Betty (Dwight) Russnogle, Cousin
- Alleen was preceded in death by her parents, Howard and Olivia Pinson, her husband, Eugene Hutchens Sr.; son Eugene Hutchens Jr., brother, Thomas Pinson and sister, Etheleen Mullen.
- Guy Gevers Sr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Guy Gevers Jr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Lacy Gevers, Honorary Pallbearer
- Matthew McFarlane, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Eastern Star Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018