October 30, 1935 – June 18, 2019
Nellie Lou Davis, 83, of Fulton, Missouri passed away on June 18, 2019 at Fulton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Funeral services will be at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 21, 2019 at Debo Funeral Home in Fulton. Burial will follow at Callaway Memorial Gardens in Fulton. Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until the time of the service at the funeral home. Nellie was born on October 30, 1935 in Blackwater, Missouri and had lived at Fulton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for several years where she regularly attended the church services. She was married to Vernon Simpson until he passed away and then she married Henry Davis who preceded her in death. She loved to play bingo, dance and listen to music. Everyone loved Nellie and she was a very loving lady who taught everyone to care about each other. She will be remembered for making the world a better place with her smile and her heart that was filled with love for all. Survivors include her two daughters, Verlena (Jeffrey) Uebinger of Luebbering, Missouri and Rose (Rob Casteel) Simpson of Fulton; two sons, Thomas (Tammy) Davis of Fulton and Kenneth Simpson of Millersburg, Missouri; one sister, Virginia Chism of Columbia, Missouri; ten grandchildren, Kenneth Earl Simpson, Jr., Caleb Simpson, Jody Holt, Amanda Lee, Chasity Hook, Russell Hook, Jr., Dustin Hook, Jeremy Uebinger, Lena Uebinger and Shawn Askey along with fifteen great-grandchildren. She was also preceded in death by her mother, Louise Neal; one sister, Laura Ann Hooper and one grandson, Timothy Simpson.
online condolences may be made at www.debofuneralhome.com
- Louise Neal, Mother
- Verlena (Jeffrey) Uebinger, Daughter
- Rose (Rob Casteel) Simpson, Daughter
- Thomas (Tammy Davis) Simpson, Son
- Kenneth Simpson, Son
- Virginia Chism, Sister
- Kenneth Earl Simpson Jr., Grandchild
- Caleb Simpson, Grandchild
- Jody Holt, Grandchild
- Amanda Lee, Grandchild
- Chasity Hook, Grandchild
- Russell Hook Jr., Grandchild
- Dustin Hook, Grandchild
- Jeremy Uebinger, Grandchild
- Lena Uebinger, Grandchild
- Shawn Askey, Grandchild
- Nellie is also survived by 15 great- grandchildren. She was preceded in death by one sister, Laura Ann Hooper and one grandson, Timothy Simpson.
- Kenneth Davis Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Rusty Hook, Active Pallbearer
- Jeremy Uebinger, Active Pallbearer
- Charlie Feltmann, Active Pallbearer
- Eric Askey, Active Pallbearer
- Jeff Uebinger, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, June 21, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, June 21, 2019
- Burial Friday, June 21, 2019
June 26, 2019
Nellie and I have a history of many years.
When I would visit her, she would tell me she did not want to get up in the mornings, "I like to sleep late".
Nellie loved her children, would tell me when she saw them.
Nellie will always be remembered sweetly.
Rest in peace my friend .
June 19, 2019
Rose--I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am here if you need to talk or a shoulder to cry on. I will not be about to make it to funeral. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you sis.