James Earl Nelson
September 9, 1948 – June 11, 2018
Graveside services will be Friday, June 15th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m., at Pilgrims Rest Cemetery for James Earl Nelson, 69, of Gadsden, who passed away Monday, June 11th, 2018. Arrangements under the direction of Collier-Butler Funeral and Cremation Services.
James served in the United States Airforce, toured the U.S. driving an 18 wheeler, and wrote many songs which he enjoyed singing loudly while he played his guitar and keyboard. Later in life he found his true passion in mining and searching for gold.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Sylvester and Jackie Nelson; and his brother, Philip (Philco) Nelson.
Survivors include his sisters, Sylvia (Bobby) Burks, Donna Nelson Wallis, Patti (Michael) Nelson Rachal; brother, Stan “Frog” (Deedra) Nelson; daughter, Amanda Kay Nelson; and one grandson.
The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday, June 15th, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Sylvia (Bobby) Burks, Sister
- Donna Nelson Wallis, Sister
- Patti (Michael) Nelson Rachal, Sister
- Stan "Frog" (Deedra) Nelson, Brother
- Amanda Kay Nelson, Daughter
- Mr. Nelson also leaves one grandson to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Friday, June 15, 2018
- Graveside Service Friday, June 15, 2018
- Burial Friday, June 15, 2018