Jerry Lambert Hall
October 25, 1926 – November 24, 2019
A celebration of life for Mr. Jerry L. Hall age 93 of Gadsden, Alabama will be on Wednesday at Collier-Butler Funeral Home at 2 p.m, with Rev. Billy L. York officiating. The family will receive friends two hours prior to the service. A private graveside service will follow at Crestwood Cemetery. Mr. Hall passed away at his home on Sunday November 24, 2019 after an extended illness surrounded by his family. He was preceded in death by his first wife, Laura Hopper Hall, parents, Hugh and Edweina Hall, and his daughter, Mary Alice Hall Fidler (Bernard), brother, Hugh Alan Hall, sister, Mary Hall Henderson (Donald), and Martha Hall Turner (James). He is survived by his wife of 40 years, Nancy Baker Hall, daughter, Elizabeth Hall Tucker (Larry), daughter, Nila Prickett Nabors (Greg), and son, Jonathan Prickett (Donna), grandchildren, Angela Fidler Pfammatter (Mike), Andrew Fidler (Lizzie), Caitlin Fidler, Patrick Tucker (Christen), Laura Tucker, Laura Lynn Prickett Dunaway (Chad), Alex Prickett, and Caroline Nabors. Great grand-children Camille Belle Pfammatter, Elijah Fischer-Fidler, and Marigold Fischer-Fidler, and several nieces and nephews.
He was a veteran of the Pacific Theater in World War II where he served in the Allied Translators Division. After his discharge from service, he attended Snead State Junior College and The University of Alabama earning a degree in Accounting. Upon graduation, Jerry returned to Gadsden and worked for the King-Oliver Firm. He was one of the few accountants in Alabama to be certified before 1954. Later joining Maurice Shannon with whom he was in partnership for several years. In 1970, James F. Storey joined him and in 1972 became his partner. This partnership lasted until closer to Jerry’s retirement when the firm merged with another firm and became Hindsman, Hall, and Storey. Jerry served as a Board Director for Compass Bank and was a member of many other civic organizations. Jerry was a faithful and dedicated member of the East Gadsden United Methodist Church. In his retirement, Jerry enjoyed traveling, reading non-fiction Civil War literature, woodworking, listening to jazz, watching Alabama football, and spending time with his family and friends. He was a true southern gentlemen as well as a wonderful role model, and he will be missed by many.
Pallbearers will be grandchildren. Honorary pallbearers will be special friends, Mr. Joe Atkins, Mr. Robert Beaube, Mr. Ben Johnston, Mr. Michael Lowery, Mr. Robert Moon, Mr. Jim Stivender, Mr. James F. Storey, and Dr. Ralph Wesley.
The family would like to thank, Dr. Mary Rutherford, Dr. Dierick Sparks, Dr. Ralph Wesley, and Hospice Nurse Hannah Turner with Amedysis Hospice for their wonderful care during his illness. Also, special thanks to some very special caregivers and helpers, Ms. Mary Cleveland, Mrs. Liz Griffin, Mrs. Carol Jackson, Mr. Noel Gautier, Ms. Rachel Vaughn, and Ms. Carla Bellew for their excellent care.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the East Gadsden United Methodist Church (201 South 8th Street, Gadsden, Alabama 35903), The Salvation Army of Gadsden (114 North 11th Street, Gadsden, Alabama 35901), The Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation (110 East 42nd Street, 16th Floor, New York, New York 10017), or to your favorite charity.
- Nancy Baker Hall, Wife
- Elizabeth Hall Tucker (Larry), Daughter
- Nila Prickett Nabors (Greg), Daughter
- Jonathan Prickett (Donna), Son
- Angela Fidler Pfammatter (Mike), Grandchild
- Andrew Fidler (Lizzie), Grandchild
- Caitlin Fidler, Grandchild
- Patrick Tucker (Christen), Grandchild
- Laura Tucker, Grandchild
- Laura Lynn Prickett Dunaway (Chad), Grandchild
- Alex Prickett, Grandchild
- Caroline Nabors, Grandchild
- Camille Belle Pfammatter, Great Grandchild
- Elijah Fischer-Fidler, Great Grandchild
- Marigold Fischer-Fidler, Great Grandchild
- Laura Hopper Hall, Wife (deceased)
- Hugh Hall, Father (deceased)
- Edweina Hall, Mother (deceased)
- Mary Alice Hall Fidler (Bernard), Daughter (deceased)
- Hugh Alan Hall, Brother (deceased)
- Mary Hall Henderson (Donald), Sister (deceased)
- Martha Hall Turner (James), Sister (deceased)
- Several nieces and nephews
- Grandchildren, Pallbearers
- Mr. Joe Atkins, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. Robert Beaube , Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. Ben Johnston , Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. Michael Lowery, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. Robert Moon, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. Jim Stivender, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mr. James F. Storey, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dr. Ralph Wesley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 27, 2019