Rebecca Ellen Davis
April 25, 1948 – November 20, 2020
Rebecca Ellen Davis, age 72, of Gadsden, Alabama passed away on Friday, November 20, 2020. She was a lifelong resident of Etowah County and a proud graduate of Emma Sansom High School, Class of 1966. While attending Gadsden State Junior College (now Gadsden State Community College) Becky began working in the Book Store as a part of the work/study program which was the start of her life career. She worked in the Book Store for several years, then became the English Department Secretary, and later transferred to the History Department. She retired after 39 years service. Becky was the oldest child in her family and devoted herself to her siblings, nieces, and nephews. She was a member of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by father Edgar Howe Davis and mother Eloise Davis Phillips.
Becky is survived by sister Ruth Campbell (Ron), brother Jeffrey Davis (Virginia), brother Steve Davis (Donna) and brother Anthony Phillips (Cindy); niece Angie West (Randy), niece Stephanie Dollar (David), nephew Tyler Campbell (Brynn), niece Lauren Ross (Matt), niece Emily Curtman (Jonathan), nephew Brian Davis (Jessie), nephew Joshua Davis (Bruna), nephew Jacob Davis (Martina), niece Kayla Hood, niece Breanna Davis, nephew Logan Davis, nephew Will Phillips (Sara Katherine), niece JoAnna Person (Brett); aunt Betty Butler; and many great nieces and nephews.
Becky loved her friends, among those are Frenchie McEntyre, JoAnna Neal, Sherry and Delmus Cannon, Pattie Carroll, George Terrell, and so many more that would be too numerous to name.
A graveside service will be held Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 1:00 PM at Crestwood Cemetery. Collier Butler Funeral Home will direct. Please note that all in attendance will be required to wear a mask and observe social distancing. In honor of Becky, please do all you can to prevent the spread of COVID.
In Lieu of flowers, Memorials may be made to John Croyle's Big Oak Boys 5265 Jake Mintz Road Gadsden, AL 35905 and/or Big Oak Girls Ranch 6000 Shelley Dr. Springville, AL 35146. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.collier-butler.com for the Davis family.
- Ruth Campbell (Ron), Sister
- Jeffrey Davis (Virginia), Brother
- Steve Davis (Donna), Brother
- Anthony Phillips (Cindy), Brother
- Angie West (Randy), Niece
- Stephanie Dollar (David), Niece
- Tyler Campbell (Brynn), Nephew
- Lauren Ross (Matt), Niece
- Emily Curtman (Jonathan), Niece
- Brian Davis (Jessie), Nephew
- Joshua Davis (Bruna), Nephew
- Jacob Davis (Martina), Nephew
- Kayla Hood, Niece
- Breanna Davis, Niece
- Logan Davis, Nephew
- Will Phillips (Sara Katherine), Nephew
- JoAnna Person (Brett), Niece
- Betty Butler, Aunt
- Edgar Howe Davis, Father (deceased)
- Eloise Davis Phillips, Mother (deceased)
- Numerous Great Nieces and Nephews. Beckyloved herfriends, among those are Frenchie McEntyre, JoAnna Neal, Sherry and Delmus Cannon, Pattie Carroll, George Terrell, and so many more that would be too numerous to name.
Learn more about the Davis name
John Croyle's Big Oak Boys Ranch
5265 Jake Mintz Road, Gadsden, Alabama 35905
Big Oak Girl's Ranch
6000 Shelley Drive, Springville,, Alabama 35146
Tuesday, November 24, 2020