John Jerome Shourd
October 24, 1942 – April 30, 2021
John Jerome Shourd, age 78, of Birmingham, Alabama passed away on Friday, April 30, 2021. John was born October 24, 1942 in Chattanooga, TN and began his career with Krystal Restaurants transferring to Huntsville, AL in 1969. Continuing in this career to a final transfer to Birmingham, AL 1974-1980 with many awards and acknowledgements. He later became proprietor of Clyde's BBQ. He then moved on to Bruno's as a deli manager where he retired in in 2008. He loved his family and worked hard to provide. His wife of 60 years was always his first priority.
John is survived by his wife, Leilani (Hastings) Shourd; daughter Anna Chamblee (Ken); daughter Electa Taylor; and daughter Melinda Green (Phil); granddaughter Nicole Brown (Jaime), grandson Jon-Michael Sullivan (Kristen), grandson Justin Wellman (Chelsea), grandson Kyle Taylor (Brittney), granddaughter Amanda Jewell (Austin), great grandchild Lucas Brown, great grandchild Nicolas Brown, great grandchild Crewe Wellman, great grandchild Leileana Taylor, great grandchild Justice Wellman, great grandchild Asher Wellman, great grandchild Brooklyn Jewell, great grandchild Kaidence Taylor and great grandchild Madison Jewell.
A visitation for John will be held Tuesday, May 4, 2021 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Ridout's Gardendale Chapel, 2029 Decatur Hwy, Gardendale, Alabama 35071. A burial will occur at Lakewood Memory Gardens South, Rossville, GA.
Donations inn his memory may be made to Alzheimer's & Dementia https.//act.alz.org/donate
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.ridoutsgardendalechapel.com for the Shourd family.
- Leilani (Hastings) Shourd, Wife
- Anna Chamblee (Ken), Daughter
- Electa Taylor, Daughter
- Melinda Green (Phill), Daughter
- Nicole Brown (Jaime), Granddaughter
- Jon-Michael Sullivan (Kristen), Grandson
- Justin Wellman (Chelsea), Grandson
- Kyle Taylor (Brittney), Grandson
- Amanda Jewell (Austin), Granddaughter
- Lucas Brown, Great Grandchild
- Nicolas Brown, Great Grandchild
- Crewe Wellman, Great Grandchild
- Leileana Taylor, Great Grandchild
- Justice Wellman, Great Grandchild
- Asher Wellman, Great Grandchild
- Brooklyn Jewell, Great Grandchild
- Kaidence Taylor, Great Grandchild
- Madison Jewell, Great Grandchild
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
John Jerome Shourd
May 3, 2021
Daddy I am so thankful for the father you were to us girls. You were a gentle father and always treasured our mother giving us the example of what a Godly husband truly looks like. I will miss you so much and also rejoice in you being in the arms of Jesus!! I learned early in my life that God's does what's best for the sick and all others all at the same time as only He can do. You are made well complete and whole. See you soon...when that TRUMPET WILL SOUND 🎺🎺
I love you Daddy❤