James Reed Harrison
August 20, 1925 – July 2, 2019
James Reed Harrison, of the Greystone community, passed away on July 2, 2019 at his home, surrounded by his family.
He was a member of Greystone Free Will Baptist Church, where he served as superintendent for many years.
He was a farmer, an avid fox hunter, and he loved to sing and play guitar. He loved sharing from his garden with his friends and neighbors. He served in the Navy as a Seabee in World War II. He was retired from Magnavox.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 67 years, Faye Harrison; his parents, Ira Sankey and Nannie Kate Harrison; his in-laws, Dave and Carrie Hopson; sisters and brothers-in-law, Lena and Bernie Hopson and Alta and Doyle Myers; brothers and sisters-in-law: Marvin and Kate Harrison, Clarence Harrison and Blaine Harrison.
He is survived by two daughters and sons-in-law, Barbara and Donnie Wright and Rita and Jim Fletcher; two granddaughters, Donna Hopson and fiancé, Michael Dennis, and Dawn Troy; three grandsons and granddaughters-in-law: Barry and Amanda Wright, Aaron and Teresa Fletcher and Anthony Fletcher; four great-grandchildren: Kendra Hopson, Miriam Fletcher, Jalen Troy and Eady Wright; a special nephew, Terry Harrison; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Rex and Nadine Hopson, Wayne Hopson, Phyllis and Dave Saylor, Gail Ayers, Sandy Hopson and Genevieve Harrison; and several nieces and nephews.
The family will receive friends from 5 – 8 pm on Wednesday, July 3, at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be held at Greystone Free Will Baptist Church on Friday, July 5, at 11 am with Preacher Roger Stocton officiating.
Interment will follow in the Greystone Free Will Baptist Church Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Barry Wright, Aaron Fletcher, Jalen Troy, Mike Garland, Mike Dennis, Lyndell Hopson and Anthony Fletcher.
Honorary pallbearers are William McCloud and T.J. Harrison.
The family wishes to thank Smoky Mountain Hospice and Tracy Hood of All Ways Caring.
- Barbara and Donnie Wright, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Rita and Jim Fletcher, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Donna Hopson and Michael Dennis, Granddaughter and Her Fiancé
- Dawn Troy, Granddaughter
- Barry and Amanda Wright, Grandson and Wife
- Aaron and Teresa Fletcher, Grandson and Wife
- Anthony Fletcher, Grandson
- Kendra Hopson, Great Grandchild
- Miriam Fletcher, Great Grandchild
- Jalen Troy, Great Grandchld
- Eady Wright, Great Grandchild
- Terry Harrison, Special Nephew
- Rex and Nadine Hopson, Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law
- Wayne Hopson, Brother-in-law
- Phyllis and Dave Saylor, Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law
- Gail Ayers, Sister-in-law
- Sandy Hopson, Sister-in-law
- Genevieve Harrison, Sister-in-law
- Faye Harrison, Wife of 67 years
- Ira Sankey and Nannie Kate Harrison, Parents
- Dave and Carrie Hopson, In-Laws
- Lena and Bernie Hopson, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Alta and Doyle Myers, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Marvin and Kate Harrison, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Clarence Harrison, Brother
- Blaine Harrison, Brother
- He also leaves several nieces and nephews to cherish his memory.
- Barry Wright
- Aaron Fletcher
- Jalen Troy
- Mike Garland
- Mike Dennis
- Lyndell Hopson
- Anthony Fletcher
- William McCloud, Honorary
- T. J. Harrison, Honorary
- Visitation Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, July 5, 2019
James Reed Harrison
July 3, 2019
Reed was one of my Daddy's best friends I remember how good he was to both Daddy and Moma when they needed anything and I will always think of him with love and graditude for it,he was truly a great man.