James "Jim" Luke Clowers
March 30, 1931 – July 9, 2019
James “Jim” Luke Clowers, 88, of the Warrensburg community, passed away Tuesday, July 9th, at Life Care Center of Greeneville.
He was a former employee of Modern Chair Company and retired from Futuristic, Inc. of Bean Station.
He was of the Christian faith. Jim enjoyed talking to people on the CB, visiting Banks Campground, and making new friends every year. He loved fox hunting for years in Del Rio with a good friend, Gordon Sexton. Jim never did meet a stranger. He was well known in the Bewley’s Chapel community and Warrensburg community. He will be missed by family and friends.
Survivors include his daughter and son-in-law: Margaret “Bay” Clowers Ferguson (Gary); his goddaughter of whom he was so proud: Melissa Cline Shelton (Richard); a very special great nephew, whom he cherished: Cody Shelton (Kaylee); a brother-in-law: Jerry Cline (Joann); several nieces, nephews and cousins; just to name a few of the special friends were: Mike and Camie Fitzgerald, Fred and Ruth Banks, Douglas & Robin Brown, Edward and Margaret Shelton, Clyde Broyles, P.C. Livingston, Rena May Witt, and Susie Holt Clowers.
He was the son of the late Luke Clowers and Anna Lou Holt Clowers and was preceded in death by his wife, Barbara Cline Clowers; a son, Randy Clowers; a sister, Marguerite Clowers Cline (Rev. Walter Cline); a brother, Tom Clowers (Stella); a niece, Paula Joyce Clowers Thacker; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Marjorie Cline Marshall (Dan), Mary Cline Woods (Paul); Neal Cline, Jimmy Cline and Curtis Cline.
The family will receive friends 4 – 7 pm Friday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
There will be a prayer service conducted by Rev. Jon Pursley at 7 pm following the visitation.
There will be no graveside service, per his request.
A very special thank you to Life Care Center of Greeneville, the staff on Cedar Wing who gave the very loving care to Jim, and to the staff of Amedysis who provided outstanding care.
In lieu of flowers memorial may be made to Greene County Humane Society, 950 Hal Henard Road, Greeneville, TN 37743 or Bewley’s Chapel Cemetery Fund, c/o Paulette Fezell, 4930 Warrensburg Road, Greeneville, TN 37743.
- Margaret "Bay" Clowers Ferguson (Gary), Daughter and Son-in-law
- Melissa Cline Shelton (Richard), Goddaughter
- Cody Shelton (Kaylee), Very Special Great Nephew
- Jerry Cline (Joann), Brother-in-law
- Mike and Camie Fitzgerald, Special Friends
- Fred and Ruth Banks, Special Friends
- Douglas and Robin Brown, Special Friends
- Edward and Margaret Shelton, Special Friends
- Clyde Broyles, Special Friend
- P. C. Livingston, Special Friend
- Rena May Witt, Special Friend
- Susie Holt Clowers, Special Friend
- Luke and Anna Lou Holt Clowers, Parents
- Barbara Cline Clowers, Wife
- Randy Clowers, Son
- Marguerite Clowers Cline (Rev. Walter Cline), Sister
- Tom Clowers (Stella), Brother
- Paula Joyce Clowers Thacker, Niece
- Marjorie Cline Marshall (Dan), Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law
- Mary Cline Woods (Paul), Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law
- Neal Cline, Brother-in-law
- Jimmy Cline, Brother-in-law
- Curtis Cline, Brother-in-law
- He also leaves several nieces, nephews, and cousins to cherish his memory.
Greeneville-Greene County Humane Society
950 Hal Henard Road, Greeneville, TN 37743
Bewley's Chapel Cemetery Fund
c/o Paulette Fezell 4930 Warrensburg Road , Greeneville, TN 37743
- Visitation Friday, July 12, 2019
- Prayer Service Friday, July 12, 2019