November 13, 1925 – September 11, 2018
Marilee Hurley, 92, of Rheatown, passed away Tuesday, September 11, 2018, at Laughlin Memorial Hospital.
She retired from Greene Valley Developmental Center.
She was of the Baptist faith and was a very avid gardener.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law: Mary Louise and Bill Hunt; granddaughter and grandson-in-law: Melissa and Chris Blake; two great grandchildren: Sam Blake and Anna Blake, whom she loved dearly; and numerous nieces, nephews, great nieces, and great nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Edward Hurley, parents: Claudie and Gladys Gregory, a sister and brother-in-law, Josephine and Herbert Jones and two special friends, Coleen Hampton and Joan Willingham.
She loved to sew as long as her health permitted. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law.
The family will receive friends 5-7 p.m. Friday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Friday in the funeral home chapel with Rev. Robert Cooper officiating.
Interment will be at 11:00 a.m. Saturday in River Hill Cemetery. Family and friends are asked to meet at the funeral home Saturday at 10:00 a.m. to go in procession to the cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Chris Blake, Sam Blake, Mike Jones, Freddy Blake, and her friends and neighbors.
The family extends a special thanks to Greene County EMS, the staff of Laughlin ER, and the staff of John M. Reed Nursing Home for their loving care.
- Mary Louise and Bill Hunt, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Melissa and Chris Blake, Granddaughter and Grandson-in-law
- Sam Blake, Great Grandchild
- Anna Blake, Great Grandchild
- Edward Hurley, Husband
- Claudie and Gladys Gregory, Parents
- Josephine and Herbert Jones, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Colleen Hampton, Special Friend
- Joan Willingham, Special Friend
- She also leaves numerous nieces, nephews, great nephews and great nieces to cherish her memory.
- Chris Blake
- Sam Blake
- Mike Jones
- Freddy Blake
- Her Friends and Neighbors
- Visitation Friday, September 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, September 14, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
September 20, 2018
Sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. I have fond memories from long ago. She was always great to be around.
September 13, 2018
So sorry to learn of your mother's passing, Mrs. Hunt. Both you and your family are in my prayers.