April 1, 1931 – June 23, 2020
Naomi Wilhoit, 89, formerly of Horse Creek Community, passed away Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at Four Oaks Healthcare Center in Jonesborough.
She was a housewife.
Mrs. Wilhoit was a member of Union Chapel FWB Church.
Survivors include one sister and dedicated caregiver: Myrna Monroe; one brother and sister-in-law: Fred Broyles, Jr. and Cleo; two half-brothers and spouses: Terry and Sally Broyles and Gary and Lori Broyles; sister-in-law: Barbara Broyles; and several nieces and nephews.
She was the daughter of the late Fred Broyles and Vana Richardson Broyles and was preceded in death by her husband: Lynn Wilhoit; three brothers: Calvin, Franklin, and Hugh Broyles; and two sisters: Flo Phillips and Earnestine Shaw.
The family will receive friends from 5-7 pm Friday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
There will be a graveside service held at 11:00 am Saturday at Union Chapel Cemetery with Rev. Hal Kirk officiating. Family and friends are asked to meet at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home Saturday at 10:00 am to go in procession to the cemetery for the committal service.
Pallbearers will be Terry Wilhoit, Dennis Lamb, Eugene Broyles, Ethan Starrette, Clark Hensley, and John Burgess.
Honorary pallbearers will be Dr. Kenneth Susong, Rebecca Gosnell, and Phyllis Johnson.
- Myrna Monroe, Sister and Dedicated Caregiver
- Fred Broyles, Jr. (Cleo), Brother
- Terry Broyles (Sally), Half-Brother
- Gary Broyles (Lori), Half-Brother
- Barbara Broyles, Sister-in-law
- Fred Broyles and Vana Richardson Broyles, Parents (deceased)
- Lynn Wilhoit, Husband (deceased)
- Calvin Broyles, Brother (deceased)
- Franklin Broyles, Brother (deceased)
- Hugh Broyles, Brother (deceased)
- Flo Phillips, Sister (deceased)
- Earnestine Shaw, Sister (deceased)
- She also leaves several nieces and nephews to cherish her memoryl
- Terry Wilhoit
- Dennis Lamb
- Eugene Broyles
- Ethan Starrette
- Clark Hensley
- John Burgess
- Dr. Kenneth Susong, Honorary
- Rebecca Gosnell, Honorary
- Phyllis Johnson, Honorary
Friday, June 26, 2020
Saturday, June 27, 2020
July 2, 2020
Myrna; my thoughts are with you and prayers God helps you through this ! I love and will miss Naomi and you being there everyday to pick at me ! Love always Kim
June 26, 2020
We will always remember our daily lunches with "Flossy". Our deepest sympathy to Myrna. From Darrell and Kirsten
June 26, 2020
I always enjoyed going to Aunt Doopes. Especially at meal time. She was a really great cook and would always make us eat. She liked to fuss at Uncle Lynn and he must have enjoyed it to, because he would just sit and grin. Many times he would do something or say something to make her fuss more.
June 26, 2020
Myrna, My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. May God comfort you and give you peace. Naomi was a beautiful lady and she will be greatly missed. We love you.