Ruth Waddell Cornwell
October 15, 1923 – November 26, 2018
"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." Psalm 116:7
Ruth Waddell Cornwell, 95, of Arlie Waddell Lane, Greeneville, passed away Monday, November 26, 2018, at Life Care Center of Greeneville.
She was a retired LPN from Laughlin Memorial Hospital and Life Care Center of Greeneville.
Mrs. Cornwell was a member of Rehobeth United Methodist Church.
According to her five grandchildren, she was the best of the best of grandmothers. She was an excellent cook and enjoyed gardening and canning her vegetables.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law: Bill and Linda Cornwell; a daughter and son-in-law: Gayle and Buck White; five grandchildren: Ron Cornwell and wife, Jill, Chad White and wife, Laura, Kevin Cornwelll and wife, Tonya, Denise Fillers and husband, Greg, and Sarah White Chesnut; six great grandchildren: Lindsey, Kayla and Benjamin Derry, Tori Fillers, Emma Grace White, Abigail and Alexandria Chesnut; one sister: Verlie Collins; a brother: Harold Glen Waddell; sister-in-law: Sue Waddell; and several nieces and nephews.
She was the daughter of the late Arlie and Agnes Waddell and was preceded in death by her husband, Joe Clark Cornwell; a brother, Arlie Waddell, Jr.; sister-in-law, Glenna Hensley Waddell; and a brother-in-law, Troy Collins.
The family will receive friends 5-7 pm Thursday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be held at 11 am Friday in the Kiser-Rose Hill Chapel with Rev. Charles Lindy officiating.
Interment will follow in GreeneLawn Memory Gardens.
Pallbearers will be family and friends.
The caring nurses and staff of Life Care Center of Greeneville will serve as honorary pallbearers.
- Bill and Linda Cornwell, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Gayle and Buck White, Daugter an Son-in-law
- Ron and Jill Cornwell, Grandson and Wife
- Chad and Laura White, Grandson and Wife
- Kevin and Tonya Cornwell, Grandson and Wife
- Denise and Greg Fillers, Granddaughter and Husband
- Sarah White Chesnut, Granddaughter
- Lindsey, Kayla, and Benjamin Derry, Great Grandchildren
- Tori Fillers, Great Grandchild
- Emma Grace White, Great Grandchiild
- Abigail and Alexandria Chesnut, Great Grandchildren
- Verlie Collins, Sister
- Harold Glen Waddell, Brother
- Sue Waddell, Sister-in-law
- Arlie and Agnes Waddell, Parents
- Joe Clark Cornwell, Husband
- Arlie Waddell Jr., Brother
- Glenna Hensley Waddell, Sister-in-law
- Troy Collins, Brother-in-law
- She also leaves several nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
- Family and Friends, Active
- Nurses and Staff of Life Care, Honorary
- Visitation Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, November 30, 2018