Troy D. Craddock
February 19, 1937 – April 10, 2019
Troy D. Craddock, 82, of Greeneville, passed away Wednesday, at Brookdale Senior Living.
Mr. Craddock retired from the United States Air Force in 1975 as a Technical Sergeant, after 20 years of service. He served 18 months in Vietnam (’67-’69) and received numerous merit awards during his military career.
He was a member of St. James Lutheran Church, which he loved and served faithfully as long as his health permitted.
He was a lifetime member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 1990, Greeneville, TN and previously served as past Jr. Vice Commander, past member of the Color Guard and Firing Squad burial detail and past member of the Veterans Center Hospital Visitation Committee.
He was a past member of the St. James Volunteer Fire Department (Greene County) and the Volunteer Fire Department in Shell Beach, CA, and served on the Board of Directors and as a fire fighter in both.
He was preceded in death by his parents: Bassil & Lillie Craddock, three wives: Fumie K. Craddock, Janice R. Craddock and Lena J. Craddock, one sister: Joan C. Newberry, one brother: Hugh T. Craddock, mother & father-in-law: George and Reba Kate Easterly and brothers-in-law: Lynn Easterly, Howard Newberry and Hal Jones.
Survivors include two sons and their partners: Troy Craddock and Melanie Lovegrove, Steven Craddock and Jessica Sproles; two daughters and sons-in-law: Debra and Ron McCready and Mary and Rick Crum; sister: Betty C. Jones; grandchildren: Jeremiah Craddock, Amber Craddock Fish, Megan Crum Allphin, Anna Craddock and Lily Grace Lovegrove; great-grandchildren: Theodore Fish, Oliver Fish and Kerrick Allphin. He is also survived by wife Lena’s children: David and Susan Jeffers, Lisa Kidwell and Connie Guinn; grandchildren: Jamie and Angie Lowery, Nicole Jeffers, Jessica Kidwell, Stephani Jeffers, Jordan Bowers, Jared Bowers, Nicolas Luttrell and Justin Kidwell; and great-granddaughter: Bryna Hall; two former sisters-in-law: Carolyn C. Parman and Patricia W. Easterly Bonnett; two nieces: Nancy J. Saunders and Kimberly C. Treadway; and two nephews: Russell Craddock and Christopher Easterly, and special friends Jessica Sproles and Melanie Lovegrove.
The family will receive friends 2-4 and 6-8 pm Sunday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home. The funeral service will be conducted by Rev. Larry Moore at 8:00 pm Sunday in the Kiser-Rose Hill Chapel. Full military honors will be conducted by Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the American Legion Post 64. Interment will be held at 2:00 pm Monday at Andrew Johnson National Cemetery. Everyone is asked to meet at 1:00 pm Monday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home to go in procession to the cemetery for the committal service.
Grandsons Jeremiah Craddock, Jamie Lowery, Jordan Bowers, Jared Bowers, Nicolas Luttrell and Jimmy Allphin will serve as pallbearers.
Honorary pallbearers include dedicated staff at Amedisys Hospice Care and Brookdale Senior Living.
Memorial contributions may be made c/o St. James Lutheran Church – for the ELCA World Hunger Program.
- Troy Craddock and Melanie Lovegrove, Son and Partner
- Steven Craddock and Jessica Sproles, Son and Partner
- Debra and Ron McCready, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Mary and Rick Crum, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Betty C. Jones, Sister
- Jeremiah Craddock, Grandchild
- Amber Craddock Fish, Grandchild
- Megan Crum Allphin, Grandchild
- Anna Craddock, Grandchild
- Lily Grace Lovegrove, Grandchild
- Theodore Fish, Great Grandchild
- Oliver Fish, Great Grandchild
- Kerrick Allphin, Great Grandchild
- David and Susan Jeffers, Lena's Children
- Lisa Kidwell, Lena's Child
- Connie Guinn, Lena's Child
- Jamie and Angie Lowery, Lena's Grandchildren
- Nicole Jeffers, Lena's Grandchild
- Jessica Kidwell, Lena's Grandchild
- Stephani Jeffers, Lena's Grandchild
- Jordan Bowers, Lena's Grandchild
- Jared Bowers, Lena's Grandchild
- Nicolas Luttrell, Lena's Grandchild
- Justin Kidwell, Lena's Grandchild
- Bryna Hall, Lena's Great Granddaughter
- Carolyn C. Parman, Former Sister-in-law
- Patricia W. Easterly Bonnett, Former Sister-in-law
- Nancy J. Saunders, Niece
- Kimberly C. Treadway, Niece
- Russell Craddock, Nephew
- Christopher Easterly, Nephew
- Jessica Sproles, Special Friend
- Melanie Lovegrove, Special Friend
- Bassil and Lillie Craddock, Parents
- Fumie K. Craddock, Wife
- Janice R. Craddock, Wife
- Lena J. Craddock, Wife
- Joan C. Newberry, Sister
- Hugh T. Craddock, Brother
- George and Reba Kate Easterly, Mother-in-law and Father-in-law
- Lynn Easterly, Brother-in-law
- Howard Newberry, Brother-in-law
- Hal Jones, Brother-in-law
- Jeremiah Craddock
- Jamie Lowery
- Jordan Bowers
- Jared Bowers
- Nicolas Luttrell
- Jimmy Allphin
- Amedisys Hopice Staff, Honorary
- Brookdale Staff, Honorary
c/o St.James Lutheran Church
for the ECA World Hunger Program,
- Visitation Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Visitation Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Sunday, April 14, 2019
Troy D. Craddock
April 19, 2019
Puddin', Mary & Megan, and all of Mr. Craddock's family,
I am so sorry for your loss. May God give you comfort and peace.
JoAnn & Freddie Ricker
April 13, 2019
We are so sorry for the loss of your Dad. He will be missed by the family and friends, but remember he will always be with you in your heart and memories. Love to Deb and Ron and the entire family. (Ron's Mom and Deb's Mom-in-law)