Wanda M. Roberts
March 26, 1928 – August 9, 2018
Wanda M. Roberts, 90, of Afton, passed away Thursday, August 9, 2018, at Brookdale Assisted Living.
She was a retired employee of Walmart and a homemaker.
She attended Cedar Grove United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her son and daughter-in-law: Keith and Josephine Roberts of Afton; daughter: Nancy Daniels of Chuckey; four grandchildren and spouses: Anna and Chad Austin of Marshall, North Carolina, Gregg and Rachel Roberts of Cottondale, Alabama, Kristi Daniels of Chuckey, and Becky Daniels and fiancé Jason Simmons of Greeneville; four great grandchildren: Bryson Duke, Brody Austin, Dane Roberts, and Everette Roberts; extended family: J.J. Simmons and Erin Simmons; one sister: Ina Moncier of Afton; and several nieces and nephews.
She was the daughter of the late Fain Miller and Mellie Gray Miller and was preceded in death by her husband, Frank Winston Roberts, and three sisters: Naomi Shepherd, Edith Wilhoit, and Reba Martin.
The family will receive friends 5-7 p.m. Saturday at Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Saturday in the funeral home chapel with Rev. Lynn Neas and Rev. Melissa Malcolm officiating.
Interment will be at 2:00 p.m. Sunday in Union Chapel Cemetery. Family and friends are asked to meet at 1:00 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home to go in procession to the cemetery.
Pallbearers will be John McInturff, Ronnie Love, Ted Wilhoit, Jim Rich, and Clark Hensley.
Honorary pallbearers are Lanny Love, Joe Bitner, Robert Helbert, Wilfred Hensley, Denver Shaw, and Roger Phillips.
- Keith and Josephine Roberts, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Nancy Daniels, Daughter
- Anna and Chad Austin, Granddaughter and Husband
- Gregg and Rachel Roberts, Grandson and Wife
- Kristi Daniels, Grandchild
- Becky Daniels and Jason Siommons, Granddaughter and Fiancé
- Bryson Duke, Great Grandchild
- Brody Austin, Great Grandchild
- Dane Roberts, Great Grandchild
- Everette Roberts, Great Grandchild
- J. J. Simmons, Extended Family
- Erin Simmons, Extended Family
- Ina Moncier, Sister
- Fain Miller, Father
- Mellie Gray Miller, Mother
- Frank Winston Roberts, Husband
- Naomi Shepherd, Sister
- Edith Wilhoit, Sister
- Reba Martin, Sister
- She also leaves several nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
- John McInturff
- Ronnie Love
- Ted Wilhoit
- Jim Rich
- Clark Hensley
- Lanny Love, Honorary
- Joe Bitner, Honorary
- Robert Helbert, Honorary
- Wilfred Hensley, Honorary
- Denver Shaw, Honorary
- Roger Phillips , Honorary
- Visitation Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, August 11, 2018
Wanda M. Roberts
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 12, 2018
Wanda was beautiful lady inside and out. She was always smiling!