Billie L. Bartee
April 24, 1929 – April 19, 2018
Billie Loraine Bartee passed away on April 19, 2018 in Hamilton, TX, at the age of 88.
Billie was born on April 24, 1929 to Floyd M. and Jewel Hitt Knowles in Moran, TX. She married Bruce M. Bartee on March 4, 1946 in Breckenridge, TX. Mrs. Bartee was a homemaker and worked as a Bank Teller before retiring. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Hamilton. She was preceded in death by her beloved husband on August 6, 1984, her son Bruce A. Bartee on November 30, 1981, both her parents and brothers Wayne Knowles and Kamber Knowles.
She is survived by her two daughters: Linda L Baughn and husband Edward of Longview and Audry Henry of Hamilton; six grandchildren: Michael Owings, Shawn Turner and wife Melanie, Nicole Brewer and husband Michael, Aimee Licce and husband Pete, Erin Faltysek and husband Jason and Bruce Henry and wife Raylynn, Ian Baughn, John Baughn; She is also survived by numerous great and great-great grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Sunday April 22, 2018 at the First United Methodist Church in Hamilton with burial following at Oakwood Cemetery in Hamilton. Pallbearers were Justin Cozby, David Kirkland, Doug Payne, Ricky Payne, Jamie Martin and Mike Armstrong. Riley Funeral Home are in charge of the arrangements. Please leave condolences at www.rileyfuneral.com.
- Floyd M. Knowles, Father
- Jewell Knowles, Mother
- Bruce M. Bartee, Husband
- Linda L. Baughn, Daughter
- Edward Baughn, Son-in-law
- Audry Henry, Daughter
- Bruce A. Bartee, Son
- Wayne Knowles, Brother
- Kamber Knowles, Brother
- six grandchildren: Michael Owings, Shawn Turner and wife Melanie, Nicole Brewer and husband Michael, Aimee Licce and husband Pete, Erin Faltysek and husband Jason and Bruce Henry and wife Raylynn, Ian Baughn, John Baughn; She is also survived by numerous great and great-great grandchildren.
- Justin Cozby, Active Bearer
- David Kirkland, Active Bearer
- Doug Payne, Active Bearer
- Ricky Payne, Active Bearer
- Jamie Martin, Active Bearer
- Mike Armstrong, Active Bearer
- Visitation Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Funeral Service Sunday, April 22, 2018
Billie L. Bartee
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
April 21, 2018
Billie was a kind, loving and special friend to our family. I'm sure that she and mother and the rest of their buddies are sitting around playing cards. Thank you Billie for being such a good friend to mom and for being a part of our family for so many years. I love you and you will be greatly missed.