June 30, 1944 – March 2, 2021
Brenda Lucas, age 76, of Hamilton, Texas passed away on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. Brenda was born June 30, 1944 to Inez and Edmund Goerdel. Brenda grew up in the Indian Gap community, attended schools at Indian Gap and Pottsville. She lived in Meridian for several years. She loved to cook, work in her garden and taking care of animals. She was a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Pottsville. Brenda is survived by daughter Beverly Chevalier; son Robert Young; Brother Leslie Goerdel and Sister Carol Jones; grandson Colt McCarver, Marcus Chevalier, Nicholas Chevalier; granddaughter Amy Ritter; great grandson Ruger Ritter and great granddaughter McKenna Coleman. Brenda was preceded in death by her husband Forest Young and husband Milton Lucas; daughter Sharon Young; father Edmund Goerdel and mother Inez Swindle; sister Lois Collins.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.rileyfuneral.com for the Lucas family.
- Edmund Louis Goerdel, Father (deceased)
- Josie Inez Swindle, Mother (deceased)
- Forest Young, Husband (deceased)
- Milton Lucas, Husband (deceased)
- Beverly Chevalier, Daughter
- Robert Young, Son
- Sharon Young, Daughter (deceased)
- Leslie Goerdel, Brother
- Lois Collins, Sister (deceased)
- Carol Jones, Sister
- Colt McCarver, Grandson
- Amy Ritter, Granddaughter
- Marcus Chevalier, Grandson
- Nicholas Chevalier, Grandson
- Ruger Ritter, Great Grandson
- McKenna Coleman, Great Granddaughter
Friday, March 12, 2021
March 14, 2021
She loved her family and her furbabies. She got Sassy from me! Rest in peace, dear friend!