April 2, 1924 – September 2, 2019
Leona Marie Louise Fulton passed away on Monday, September 2, 2019 in Hamilton, TX.
Leona was born on April 2, 1924 to John and Louise (Meissner) Leitko in Hamilton County, TX. She was a lifelong resident of Hamilton County. She met the love of her life, Edwin Fulton and they married on November 1, 1943 at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Aleman. They soon welcomed their two children; Wyvonne (Tootie) and Charles (Butch). Leona retired from REA and enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She also enjoyed gardening, quilting and sewing quilt tops for Lutheran World Relief.
Leona was preceded in death by her parents, husband, grandson, Gary Wayne Schoen Jr.; granddaughter; Laurie Gayle Schoen and nine siblings.
She is survived by daughter, Wyvonne (Tootie) Schoen and husband Gary; son, Charles (Butch) Fulton and wife Linda; Melinda Lange and husband Todd; Grandchildren, Misti Fulton White, Michael Fulton, Cynthia Schoen McElroy; Great Grandchildren, Jenna White, Hudson White, Emery McElroy, Gunner McElroy, Charley Fulton, Cassandra Cude, Jaxon Lange and Lorin Lange; and extended family, Barbara Cude.
Memorial Contributions may be made to St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery Aleman.
- John Leitko, Father (deceased)
- Louise Meissner, Mother (deceased)
- Wyvonne (Tootie) Schoen, Daughter
- Gary Schoen, Son-in-law
- Gary (Butch) Fulton, Son
- Linda Fulton, Daughter-in-law
- Melinda Lange, Friend
- Todd Lange, Friend
- Misti Fulton White, Grandchild
- Michael Fulton, Grandchild
- Cynthia Schoen McElroy, Grandchild
- Jenna White, Great Grandchild
- Hudson White, Great Grandchild
- Emery McElroy, Great Grandchild
- Gunner McElroy, Great Grandchild
- Charley Fulton, Great Grandchild
- Cassandra Cude, Great Grandchild
- Jaxon Lange, Great Grandchild
- Lorin Lange, Great Grandchild
- Barbara Cude, Other
- Michael Fulton, Active
- Jeremy Fulton, Active
- Ross McElroy, Active
- Todd Lange, Active
- Travis Meissner, Active
- Martin Seider, Active
- Jiggs Biegert, Honorary
- J.R. Feldman, Honorary
- Habert Hopper, Honorary
- Billy Landua, Honorary
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery Aleman.
- Visitation Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, September 4, 2019