Eva Q. Hernandez
October 18, 1926 – November 2, 2019
Eva Q. Hernandez was born on October 18 1926 and passed away peacefully on November 2, 2019 at the age of 93. She was reunited with the love of her life John R. Hernandez to whom she married on November 21 1948 and shared 65 years together before John’s passing in July 2013. She is preceded in death by her oldest son Jeffery Hernandez. She leaves behind three sons, John Hernandez Jr., James Hernandez and wife Annette, Jason Hernandez and his love Shannon, and one daughter Rowena Hernandez-Butson and husband Harry.
She was the proud Grandmother of seven grandchildren Brynn Zubizarreta and husband Merrill, Kristin Hargrave and husband Trevor, Kevin Hernandez and wife Rachel, Joshua Hernandez, Jeager Butson, Ian Andreen and Natalie Andreen.
She was the proud great grandmother of six great grandchildren Anthony, Michael and Camelia Zubizarreta, Tyson and Kastiel Hargrave and Kenneth Hernandez.
Eva wore many hats during her lifetime to include Boy Scout mom to Jeff and John, cashier for Weiner’s Store, Maximillianos Restaurant, Merchant’s Park Bank and Bank of America, and did Accounting for Glaziers Frozen Foods. She was most famous for her tacos and enchiladas that she was so willing to throw together at the last moment for her kids and their unexpected guests.
A special thanks to Lori Fischer for her continued support and care for Eva, as well as RoseHill Assisted Living Facility in Richmond Tx for the loving care provided throughout her last days with us.
A “Celebration of Life” will be held on November 8th at 10 am at The Heights Funeral Home 1317 Heights Blvd. Houston Tx. 77008 . A small reception to follow service.
- Rowena Hernandez and her husband Harry, Daughter
- John Hernandez Jr., Son
- James Hernandez and his wife Annette, Son
- Jason Hernandez and his love Shannon, Son
- John Hernandez Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Jeffery Herenandez, Son (deceased)
- Brynn Zubizarreta and her husband Merrill, Granddaughter
- Kristin Hargrave and her husband Trevor, Granddaughter
- Kevin Hernandez and his wife Rachel, Grandson
- Joshua Hernandez, Grandson
- Jeager Butson, Grandson
- Ian Andreen, Grandson
- Natalie Andreen, Granddaughter
- Anthony Zubizarreta, Great Grandchild
- Michael Zubizarreta, Great Grandchild
- Camelia Zubizarreta, Great Grandchild
- Tyson Hargrave, Great Grandchild
- Dastiel Hargrave, Great Grandchild
- Kenneth Hernandez, Great Grandchild
- Celebration of Life Service Friday, November 8, 2019
Eva Q. Hernandez
November 5, 2019
I had the utmost respect for Eva because she earned and deserved it. She had a special impact on my life that I will always cherish. Her influence was at an early age and I have carried her well taught lessons and observances of her life examples throughout my life. Thank you Eva, may you rest in peace.