John R. Gonzales
December 27, 1931 – April 6, 2018
John R. Gonzales, age 86, of Houston, Texas passed away on Friday April 6, 2018. John was born December 27, 1931 in Houston, Texas. John was a loving husband, father and grandfather, he proudly served in the United States Air Force for over 20 years.
John is survived by his wife, Clara Y. Gonzales, wife of 63 years; daughter Angelina Gonzales-Garcia and husband Arturo Garcia Sr.; daughter Regina Gonzales; son's Steve Gonzales, Anthony Gonzales and wife Theresa; daughter in law; Rachel Gonzales; brother Daniel Hernandez and sister Carmen Flores; grandchildren; Luciano Villanueva Jr., Joseph Garcia, Judith Adcock,Joel Gonzales, Jon Gonzales, Stefi Gonzales-Acreman, Michele Gonzales, Brianna Gonzales, Jacoby Gonzales, Alyssa Gonzales and Ricci Gonzales, great grandchildren; Maverick Garcia, Abigail Adcock, Luna Garcia, Jessica Adcock, Bridget Gonzales and Penelope Adcock and . Several other beloved neices and nephews.
John was preceded in death by; son Ricardo Gonzales and son Miguel Gonzales; brother Lee R. Gonzales and brother Santos Hernandez; grandson Arturo "Trey" Garcia.
A visitation for John will be held Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Earthman Resthaven Funeral Home. A funeral service will occur Wednesday, April 11, 2018 starting at 10:00 AM, with the committal service following at Earthman Resthaven Cemetery. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.earthmanresthavenfuneralhome.com for the Gonzales family.
- Ricardo Gonzales, Son
- Miguel Gonzales, Son
- Arturo "Trey" Garcia Jr., Grandson
- Ricarda hernandez-Lopez, Mother
- Lee R. Gonzales, Brother
- Santos Hernandez, Brother
- Clara Y. Gonzales, wife of 63 years
- Angelina Gonzales-Garcia and husband Arturo, Daughter
- Regina Gonzales, Daughter
- Steve Gonzales, Son
- Anthony Gonzales and wife Thersa, Son
- Rachel Gonzales, Daughter-in-law
- Luciano Villanueva Jr.,Joseph Garcia, Judith Adcock,Joel Gonzales, Jon Gonzales,Stefi Gonzales-Acreman, Michele Gonzales,Brianna Gonzales, Jacoby Gonzales, Alyssa Gonzales and Ricci Gonzales., Grandchildren
- Maverick Garcia, Abigail Adcock, Luna Garcia, Jessica Adcock, Bridget Gonzales and Penelope Adcock, Great Grandchidren
- Daniel Hernandez, Brother
- Carmen Flores, Sister
- And Several other beloved neices and nephews, .
- Visitation Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Committal Service Wednesday, April 11, 2018
John R. Gonzales
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Maria Elena (Lenny) Gonzales-Cruz
April 9, 2018
Uncle Johnny, was my second father. I always came to him for help, he never hesitated never judged – he was just there.
He helped my mother and I bury my father, his brother, again no hesitation, he was just there.
In my younger days I made mistakes, he helped me with advice and his stern (Lenny – my, my, my), he was just there.
Uncle Johnny you were patient, kind and firm over the years as I’ve grown up and I am eternally grateful to you because you treated as your own.
The love and trust you’ve given me is a precious gift.
I love and will miss you Uncle Johnny.
April 9, 2018
People who knew daddy could come to him at any time, day or night, for help with anything. He was the most loving and giving man that I knew. I always went to daddy for advice and he would say "The advice is there for you to take or leave" When I would leave it and things didn't go the way they should have, he was always there to get me through. He never said "I told you so" he would just embrace with loving arms and tell me "Here is what needs to be done to fix it. Let me fix it for you and learn from this lesson". Daddy was, and forever will be my Hero.