Edward "Eddie" Ralph Wilbourn
April 18, 1957 – December 5, 2018
Edward R. (Eddie) Wilbourn, 61, was called to be with the Lord on December 5, 2018 after battling cancer. Eddie will be remembered by his family and friends as someone who always displayed kindness and wit. He looked for the best in others, and he displayed great joy in hearing of the accomplishments of his children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. His positive outlook and generous spirit inspired friends and strangers alike.
Eddie is survived by his children Christina (Willie) Ford and David (Megan) Wilbourn; his siblings Don (Ann) Wilburn, Sue Patterson, Jean Wilburn, Mike (Melanie) Wilbourn, and Jeff Wilbourn; five grandchildren, 12 nieces and nephews, and many amazing aunts and uncles. He was preceded in death by his wife Pam Wilbourn, brother Gary Wilburn and parents Eva and Leon Wilburn.
For Eddie, the first love was family, Alabama football was second, and chatting with friends was a strong third. He served well by displaying the command of Jesus, “Love one another.”
Visitation will be held from Noon until 2:00 pm on Sunday, December 9th with services following at 2:00 pm at Valhalla Funeral Home, Bro. Mark Seanor officiating. A family visitation is scheduled from 11:00 am to Noon. Interment will follow at Valhalla Memory Garden in the Garden of the Good Shepherd. Please leave fond memories and condolences for the entire Wilbourn family at www.valhallafunerals.com. In remembrance, donations may be made to charity or cancer research.
- Pam Wilbourn, Wife - Deceased
- Eva and Leon Wilburn, Parents - Deceased
- Gary Wilburn, Brother - Deceased
- Christina Ford (Willie), Daughter
- David Wilbourn (Megan), Son
- Don Wilburn (Ann), Sibling
- Sue Patterson, Sibling
- Jean Wilburn, Sibling
- Mike Wilbourn (Melanie), Sibling
- Jeff Wilbourn, Sibling
- five grandchildren, 12 nieces and nephews, and many amazing aunts and uncles.
- charity or cancer research
- Visitation Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Funeral Service Sunday, December 9, 2018