Jo Harold Johnson
March 30, 1926 – November 29, 2019
November 29 of this year, Jo H. Johnson, surrounded by her family gathered to celebrate Thanksgiving, passed away in Gainesville, Florida.
She was born March 30, 1926 in Greeneville, Tennessee to the late Willis Alexander Harold, Sr and the late Nellie Faye Johnson Harold. She was a graduate of County High School in Greene County, TN and married her high school sweetheart, Charles Willis Johnson, in 1944. During World War II she worked with the Tennessee Valley Authority then moved to Huntsville in 1948. After raising her 4 children, she worked with the State of Alabama before retiring. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church where she was active in the “Need-Us Becomers Class” and the United Methodist Women’s group. She enjoyed gardening and was a member of the Buttercup Garden Club. She loved to bake sourdough bread and pear honey to share with all her friends, family and neighbors. She loved to play bridge and Skip-Bo, especially during her later years in life. She is survived by three daughters, Susan K. Carter of Seminole, FL, Karen Elizabeth Wolfsheimer (and husband Frank) of Micanopy, FL and Jo Anne J. Clower (and husband Cam) of Birmingham, AL and one son, John Charles Johnson (and wife Connie) of Harvest, AL. She is also survived by four grandchildren, Chandler Clower of Nashville, TN, Jonathan Clower of Birmingham, AL, Minor Lee Carter, II, of Largo, FL and Shelly Coggin of Birmingham, AL as well as two great-granddaughters, Morgan Coggin Feltman of Tuscaloosa, AL and Brianna Carter of Seminole, FL, and 3 great-great grandsons, Elijah Peralta of Seminole, FL and Grayson and Carter Feltman, both of Tuscaloosa, AL .
She was predeceased by her husband, her twin brother Willis Alexander Harold, Jr, her 3 sisters Ida Kathyrn Harold, Frances Harold and Ann Harold Jones.
Services will be held on Friday, December 6 at Valhalla Funeral Home with visitation from 11AM -1PM followed by a memorial service at 1PM. Memorials can be made to First United Methodist Church, the American Diabetes Association or the American Cancer Society.
- Susan K. Carter, Daughter
- Karen Elizabeth Wolfsheimer (Frank Wolfsheimer), Daughter
- Jo Anne J. Clower (Cam Clower), Daughter
- John Charles Johnson (Connie Johnson), Son
- Mrs. Johnson also leaves to cherish her memory four grandchildren, Chandler Clower, Jonathan Clower, Minor Lee Carter, II and Shelly Coggin; two great-granddaughters, Morgan Coggin Feltman and Brianna Carter; and three great-great grandsons, Elijah Peralta, Grayson Feltman and Carter Feltman.
Huntsville First United Methodist Church
120 Greene St. SE, Huntsville, Alabama 35801
- The American Diabetes Association
- The American Cancer Society
- Visitation Friday, December 6, 2019
- Celebration of Life Friday, December 6, 2019