Shirley H. Nash
October 15, 1939 – January 10, 2019
Shirley H. Nash, age 79, passed away on Thursday, January 10, 2019 in Huntsville, Alabama.
A Celebration of Life Service will be at 2:00 p.m. Monday, January 14, 2019 at the chapel of Valhalla Funeral Home with Pastor Tommy Marr officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Memory Gardens. The family will receive friends from 1:00 p.m. until the hour of the service on Monday.
Mrs. Nash was a born in Huntsville, Alabama on October 15, 1939 to Orlando and Gracie Hopkins. Mrs. Nash adored her family, who brought her much joy. She was a faithful member of First Flint River Baptist Church until her health began to fail. Many will miss her.
In addition to her parents, Mrs. Nash was preceded in death by her husband, LC Nash; daughter, Brenda Kay Phillips; brothers, Junior Hopkins and Thurman (Whitey) Hopkins; and sister, Elizabeth Carr.
She leaves to cherish her memory sons, Larry R. Nash (Mary Jo) and Johnny M. Nash; daughter, Beverly A. Robertson (Sammy); grandchildren, Amanda Medders (Chris), Whitney Looney (Matt), Chelsee Thornton (Cole), Ashley Gibson, Nathan Howdon (Taylor) and John Roy Robertson; seven great grandsons and two great granddaughters.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations be made in Shirley’s memory to Huntsville Hospital – Hospice Family Care.
- Larry R. (Mary Jo) Nash, Son
- Johnny M. Nash, Son
- Beverly A. (Sammy) Robertson, Daughter
- Mrs. Nash also leaves to cherish precious memories her grandchildren, Amanda (Chris) Medders, Whitney (Matt) Looney, Chelsee (Cole) Thornton, Ashley Gibson, Nathan (Taylor) Howdon and John Roy Robertson; seven great grandsons and two great granddaughters.
- Huntsville Hospital - Hospice Family Care
- Visitation Monday, January 14, 2019
- Celebration of Life Service Monday, January 14, 2019
Shirley H. Nash
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY