OBITUARY

George W. Rodenbaugh

June 5, 1950May 13, 2019

George William Rodenbaugh, passed away unexpectedly on Monday May 13, 2019 in Jacksonville, FL He was a devoted Husband, Father and Brother. After graduation from high school in Bessemer, PA, He joined the US Navy and proudly served 12 years before settling in Jacksonville, FL. After leaving the Navy, he worked for the Florida Department of Transportation first as a toll collector, then deck hand and progressing to an oiler on the Mayport Ferry. He eventually became the manager of the Maintenance Warehouse for the DOT in St Augustine, FL where he stayed until his retirement. He was preceded in death by his parents Jean and Frank Rodenbaugh, Sr. He is survived by his wife Caroline Sue (Chism) Rodenbaugh and son George Rodenbaugh II (Gloria), Brothers Frank Rodenbaugh, Jr (Holly) and James Rodenbaugh (April) and a sister Jeanne Muse. He also had 12 nieces and nephews, 18 Great nieces and nephews, and 1 great-grand niece. A graveside service will be held for George Rodenbaugh on Saturday May 18, 2019 at 10 am at Chapel Hills Memory Gardens 850 St John’s Bluff Rd N Jacksonville, FL 32225.

Services

  • Graveside Service Saturday, May 18, 2019

Memories

George W. Rodenbaugh

have a memory or condolence to add?

ADD A MEMORY
Betty Shanks

May 18, 2019

I first met George when he was dating my sister. I didn't like him at first because I thought he was to rough with my sister. As time went on I liked him a little more. He came over to the house I offered him a cup of coffee he excepted , he took his coffee with 2 sugars but I can't remember if he took cream. So I poured the coffee and added what I thought was sugar and it turned out to be salt. He drank half the coffee and said he had to go his voice sounded funny . He said he would talk to Carol later. And rushed out the door. I was cleaning up the cups and the sugar and I looked at the sugar bowl it looked strange, I tasted it and found out was salt. I was horrified so after that I would disappear when he came over. He finally caught up with me and teasingly ask for a cup of coffee with sugar please. We laughed I found out 60% of the time he was a teddy bear, but the other 40% we don't worry about.
Love you big Sis, the family sends their prayers and love Betty and the hoard.

Twila Urquhart

May 18, 2019

I knew George Rodenbaugh since I was a teenager as me and his wife Carol Sue are best friends and worked together back years ago. He was always a very kind and loving father, husband and a sweet friend to me and my husband Andrew. George was a hard working man who would lend a helping hand in your time of need or do anything for you if possible when you asked him. He had a great sense of humor and a devoted love for his family. We will remember you in our hearts and love you forever as you are now here in spirit .May you Rest in Peace for God called you to come to Heaven George Rodenbaugh

FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY