Blas "Joe" Ochoa Jr.
January 26, 1930 – March 12, 2018
CMSGT (Ret) Blas “Joe” Ochoa of Las Vegas passed into the arms of our Lord on March 12, 2018, surrounded by his loving family. Born and raised in Southern California, he traveled, lived and served his country all over the world in his 30 year distinguished career in the United States Air Force. Retiring as Chief Master Sergeant from Ellsworth Air Force Base in Rapid City, South Dakota, Joe and Kika moved to Las Vegas where he embarked on a second career in the United States Civil Service as an Environmentalist at Nellis Air Force Base. Upon his 2nd retirement in 1995, he and Kika stayed busier than ever, traveling, spending time with family, enjoying his life-long love of baseball, always learning, reading, teaching himself something new. A long life, well lived, devoted to his faith, his family and his country. Preceded in death by his parents, Blas and Juana; stepmother, Nina; brother Neftali. Survived by his loving wife of 64 years, Frances “Kika”; sons Joe, Phil (Mary), Rich (Aida); grandson Richard Alfredo; brothers, Ben (Julia), Elly (Debbie), Sam (Sandra), David (Myrka), John, Tim (Deborah), Steven (Rosemary); sisters, Lily (Larry) Bloesma, Priscilla (Mauricio) Leiva, Rachel (Augie) Ramirez, Becky (Paul) Nagy, Debbie (Larry) Underwood.
- Blas Ochoa Sr., Father
- Juana Ochoa, Mother
- Nina Ochoa, Stepmother
- Mary Frances "Kika" Ochoa, Wife
- Joseph Ochoa, Son
- Phillip and Mary Ochoa, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Richard and Aida Ochoa, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Richard Alfredo Ochoa, Grandson
- Ben and Julia Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Lily and Larry Bloesma, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Neftali Ochoa, Brother
- Elly and Debbie Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Priscilla and Mauricio Leiva, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Rachel and Augie Ramirez, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Sam and Sandra Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- David and Myrka Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- John Ochoa, Brother
- Becky and Paul Nagy, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Tim and Deborah Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Steven and Rosemary Ochoa, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Debbie and Larry Underwood, Sister and Brother-in-law
Guardian Angel Cathedral
302 Cathedral Way
Blas "Joe" Ochoa Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 17, 2018
My brother Blas was in many ways my childhood hero and later my mentor. I was so proud of his spirit of inner strength and generosity. His professional career was in the U.S. Air Force where he had an exemplary military record.
Myrka & I had the pleasure of sharing many family memories with Kika & their family. He was always caring of my children, David & Chemen. We especially enjoyed being in their home for family celebrations.
We miss him,
David & Myrka