June 19, 1931 – July 19, 2019
Emilio DiGiallonardo, 88, of Frederick, passed away July 19, 2019 at his home. He was born June 19, 1931 in Cansano, Italy to Fiorita (Tarulli) and Giovanni DiGiallonardo. He married Ida DiGregorio on August 27, 1953 in Cansano. He Immigrated to the USA in October 1953 and became a U.S. citizen in 1959. He was a member of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Frederick, and a member of the Knights of Columbus Council 13559 and a 4th degree member of the St. Casimir Assembly 3190. Surviving are his wife Ida, his son Giovanni (John) DiGiallonardo of Frederick, his daughters Maria Teresa Thomas of Fort Collins, and Lisa Ann Bromwell and her husband Matt of Niwot, and his brother Gino (Antonietta) of Milford, MA. He is further survived by 7 grandchildren; David, Stefano, Paul, Nicholas, Jackie, Matthew and Rachel, and 6 great grandchildren; Naomi, Deacon, Colton, Emilio, Gemma, and Annamaria. Preceding Emilio is death are his parents and his stepmother Clelia Colabrese DiGiallonardo, his sisters Loreta Delmastro, Maddalena D’Orazio and Fiorita DiPaolo. Visitation will be on Thursday, July 25 from 5 to 7 pm at the Howe Mortuary Chapel, followed by Rosary Prayers at 7:00 pm. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:30 am on Friday, July 26, 2019 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Longmont. Burial will follow at Longmont Mountain View Cemetery with a luncheon thereafter. In Lieu of flowers, donations to St. Theresa’s Capitol Campaign (P.O. Box 418, Frederick, CO 80530) would be appreciated. Please share your thoughts, memories and condolences at howemortuary.com
- Giovanni DiGiallonardo, Father (deceased)
- Fiorita DiGiallonardo, Mother (deceased)
- Ida DiGiallonardo, Wife
- Clelia DiGiallonardo, Step-Mother (deceased)
- Giovanni (John) DiGiallonardo, Son
- Maria Teresa Thomas, Daughter
- Lisa Ann Bromwell (Matt), Daughter
- Gino DiGiallonardo (Antonietta), Brother
- Loreta Delmastro, Sister (deceased)
- Maddalena D'Orazio, Sister (deceased)
- Fiorita DiPaolo, Sister (deceased)
- He is further survived by 7 grandchildren; David, Stefano, Paul, Nicholas, Jackie, Matthew and Rachel, and 6 great grandchildren; Naomi, Deacon, Colton, Emilio, Gemma, and Annamaria.
- Matt Bromwell
- Matthew Bromwell
- Dallas Miller
- Nicholas DiGiallonardo
- Mario Ruiz
- David Shine
- Paul Shine, Honorary Pallbearer
- Stefano Shine, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Rosary Prayers Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, July 26, 2019
- Burial Friday, July 26, 2019
July 24, 2019
Dear Comare Ida, Maria Teresa, John, Lisa and Families,
My husband, Esteban, our family and I would like to express our condolences on the passing of Compare Emilio. When my brother, Nick, told my sisters, Marianna and Lucia, and me about the passing of Compare, we all started to share stories about him, especially about how excited he would get about certain things.
I told my husband that when we were in Colorado, I asked my father how Compare got his nickname, "Compare Sputnik." My father told me that when the Russian space ship, Sputnik, was launched,
Compare got so excited he wouldn't talk about anything else. Some people in Frederick started calling him Sputnik and the name stuck. I thought it was very appropriate that he passed the day before the anniversary of the first moon landing.
Now that Compare Emilio is with Heavenly Father, he can observe the Earth the way that the astronauts do, as the dwelling place of all of God's children. He is free to travel anywhere in the great universe that God created for all of his children.
"Be strong and of good courage." This is the Bible phrase I think of at times like this. Also my mother always reminded me to be courageous in trying times.
God bless you all,
Joan DiPaolo Quispe and Family