Eula (Mecie) McChristian
February 22, 1936 – January 8, 2020
Funeral services for Eula (Mecie) McChristian, 83, of Lufkin will be held Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. in the Gipson Funeral Home Chapel with Brother Phillip Rhoads and Bro. Scott Reed officiating. The family will welcome friends and loved ones from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. before the service. Interment will follow at Laneville Cemetery in Laneville, Texas.
Mrs. McChristian was born February 22, 1936 in Walton, West Virginia to the late Emma D (Holbert) and Andrew C. Cottrell. She passed away Wednesday, January 8, 2020 in a Lufkin nursing facility.
Eula was a loving wife, mother, and grandmother. Her passion was gardening and flowers. She also liked to travel.
Survivors include her husband, Harold McChristian of Lufkin; sons, Steve Hively of Lufkin, Gary Criner and wife Tammy of Michigan City, Indiana; daughters, Patricia Crager and husband Michael of Lufkin, Brenda Mitchell and husband James of Lufkin, Bonnie Fogal and husband Frank of Houston, Delma Kelley and Mike of Laneville; grandchildren; Tonya, Sean, Ryan, Paul, Heather, Bryan, Zach, Franklin, Don, Roy, Debbie, Christina and Joey. She is also survived by 16 great-grandchildren, 3 great-great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her parents; sons, Robert and Michael Criner; brothers, Roy, Doy, Dorsel, Van Smith, and Chris Cottrell; sister, Mildred Smith.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Bryan and Zach Cheatham, Paul Townley, Joey Kelley, Franklin Fogal, and Sean Criner.
Honorary pallbearer will be grandson, Ryan Criner.
Services have been placed in the trust of Gipson Funeral Home. Condolences may be offered at www.gipsonfuneralhome.com
- Harold McChristian, Husband
- Steve Hively, Son
- Gary and Tammy Criner, Son and Daughter-in-Law
- Patricia and Michael Crager, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Brenda and James Mitchell, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Bonnie and Frank Fogal, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Delma Kelley and Mike, Daughter
- Tonya, Sean, Ryan, Paul, Heather, Bryan, Zach, Franklin, Don, Roy, Debbie, Christina and Joey, Grandchildren
- Eula (Mecie) McChristian is also survived by 16 great-grandchildren, 3 great-great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
- Bryan Cheatham, Active Pallbearer
- Zach Cheatham, Active Pallbearer
- Paul Townley, Active Pallbearer
- Joey Kelley, Active Pallbearer
- Franklin Fogal, Active Pallbearer
- Sean Criner, Active Pallbearer
- Ryan Criner, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Funeral Service Saturday, January 11, 2020
Eula (Mecie) McChristian
January 10, 2020
Ever since high school Eula always treated me as part of the family and I was always welcomed in her home. She is very much loved and definitely will be missed we will drink Folgers again together one day in heaven