Ralph Eugene Taylor
February 17, 1930 – April 5, 2019
Ralph Taylor, 89, of Lufkin, was born February 17, 1930 in Terre Haute, Indiana, the son of the late Bertha (Moore) and Jess Taylor. He passed away Friday, April 5, 2019 in Lufkin.
Mr. Taylor was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He was a retired factory worker. He enjoyed mowing the lawn, square dancing, camping and “filling in the numbers” on games. Mr. Taylor proudly served his country in the United States Army and was a Veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife, Charlotte Taylor; daughter, Rebecca Held and husband Greg; sons, Doug Taylor and wife Terry and Michael Taylor; sister, Rosemary Wakefield; stepdaughter, Stacy Conwell-Custer; stepson, Mike Conwell and wife Debra; grandsons, Kevin Love and wife Brianna, Zach Taylor, Sam Conwell and Michael Conwell; granddaughters, Austin Ann Davis (whom he called Babe), Reilly Taylor and Grace Taylor; great-grandsons, Liam Love and Nathan Love.
In addition to his parents, Mr. Taylor was preceded in death by his brothers, Kenneth Taylor and wife Mary and Glenn Taylor; brothers-in-law Charley Wakefield, Herb Miles and Glenn Harmless; sisters, Dorothy Harmless and Margaret Miles; son-in-law, Jack Custer; and grandson, Steve Hiatt IV.
Mr. Taylor’s family wishes to thank the doctors and nurses at CHI St. Luke’s Health Memorial and Hospice in the Pines for their care during this time. The nurses, doctors and all the staff were exceptional.
Condolences may be offered at www.gipsonfuneralhome.com Cremation services have been placed in the trust of Gipson Funeral Home.
- Charlotte Taylor, Wife
- Rebecca Held and husband Greg, Daughter
- Doug Taylor and wife Terry, Son
- Michael Taylor, Son
- Rosemary Wakefield, Sister
- Stacy Conwell-Custer, Stepdaughter
- Mike Conwell and wife Debra, Stepspm
- Kevin Love and wife Brianna, Grandson
- Zach Taylor, Grandson
- Sam Conwell, Grandson
- Michael Conwell, Grandson
- Austin Ann Davis (whome he called Babe), Granddaughter
- Reilly Taylor, Granddaughter
- Grace Taylor, Ganddaughter
- Liam Love, Great-Grandson
- Nathan Love, Great-Grandson
- Mr. Taylor was preceded in death by his parents, Bertha (Moore) and Jess Taylor; brothers, Kenneth Taylor and wife Mary and Glenn Taylor; brothers-in-law Charley Wakefield, Herb Miles and Glenn Harmless; sisters, Dorothy Harmless and Margaret Miles; son-in-law, Jack Custer; and grandson, Steve Hiatt IV.