Kathryn Joan Papka
June 11, 1942 – June 29, 2019
Kathryn Joan Papka, 77, of Marengo passed away June 29, 2019 at JourneyCare Hospice in Woodstock surrounded by her family. She was born June 11, 1942 in Bloomer, WI to Ernest and Matilda (Urban) Rauscher. On September 1, 1979 she married Melvin Papka in Marengo. Kathryn retired from Arnold Engineering after 25 years of service. She was an active member of Zion Lutheran Church and the Marengo community. Tending her flowers outside her home gave her great pride and joy. Kathryn is survived by her husband, Melvin; her children, Gregory (Kim) Rucker and Angela (Jeff) Taylor; her step-children, Wanda (Ken) Stauber and Timothy (Wendy) Papka; her grandchildren, Catlynn, Kristopher, Stephen, Patrick, Samantha, and Rebecca Rucker, James, David, and Nicholas Taylor, Alisha and Andrew Stauber, Teagan and Kyle Papka; her great-granddaughter, Olivia Wahmhoff; and her sisters, Carol (Steve) Hilger and Betty (Glenn) Wereley. She was preceded in death by her parents and her siblings, Larry Rauscher and Ramona Bell. There will be a visitation from 4 to 8pm on Monday, July 1 at Zion Lutheran Church, 412 Jackson St., Marengo. Visitation will continue from 10am to the 11am funeral service on Tuesday, July 2 at the church. Interment will be in Marengo City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Zion Lutheran Church or JourneyCare Hospice. Online condolences may be made at www.marengo-unionfuneralhome.com.
- Melvin Papka, Husband
- Gregory (Kim) Rucker, Son
- Angela (Jeff) Taylor, Daughter
- Wanda (Ken) Stauber, Step-daughter
- Timothy (Wendy) Papka, Step-son
- Catlynn, Kristopher, Stephen, Patrick, Samantha, and Rebecca Rucker, Grandchildren
- James, David, and Nicholas Taylor, Grandchildren
- Alisha and Andrew Stauber, Grandchildren
- Teagan and Kyle Papka, Grandchildren
- Olivia Wahmhoff, Great Granddaughter
- Carol (Steve) Hilger, Sister
- Betty (Glenn) Wereley, Sister
- Ernest Rauscher, Father (deceased)
- Matilda (Urban) Rauscher, Mother (deceased)
- Larry Rauscher, Brother (deceased)
- Ramona Bell, Sister (deceased)
Zion Lutheran Church
412 W. Jackson St., Marengo, Illinois 60152
- JourneyCare Hospice Foundation
- Visitation Monday, July 1, 2019
- Continued Visitation Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Kathryn Joan Papka
July 13, 2019
Condolences to the family.....
Remembering Kathryn and her husband worshiping with us at
St Paul Lutheran Church in Bloomer. The last time I saw you
I believe was when you were here for her class reunion. .
Marv Kelm Family Bloomer .
July 7, 2019
Dear Mel and family,
How difficult it is to hear of Kay’s passing! How we loved her...such a caring, giving wonderful soul!
May you be comforted as only our Lord can provide.
Kay will live in our hearts...until we greet her in Heaven!
Bill and Judie Ryman