Richard Thomas Ptak
May 21, 1944 – July 13, 2018
Ptak, Richard Thomas, 74, of Marengo, IL, passed away on July 13, 2018 with his loving family by his side. Beloved and devoted husband of 54 years to Evelyn (nee Broccolino). Richard is survived by his daughters: Gina Edge and Maria Lehman; son-in-law: Tim Lehman; his grandchildren: Crystal (Eric) Huenefeld, Jerome (Megan) Edge III, Richard (Crystal) Edge, Andrea Edge and Cristina Lehman; great-grandchildren: Charlotte Huenefeld and Jerome “JR” Edge IV; brother: Raymond (Debby) Ptak. He was a dear uncle and friend to many. Richard was a proud, Union Member and Ironworker with Local 63, since 1963. Richard served the Huntley community as Chief of Police back in the 1970’s. Memorial Gathering at Marengo-Union Funeral Home, 505 East Grant Highway, Marengo, IL 60152 on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., where a Memorial Service will begin at 4 p.m. For information call the Funeral Home at (815) 568-8131.
- Evelyn (nee Broccolino), Wife
- Gina Edge, Daughter
- Maria Lehman, Daughter
- Tim Lehman, Son-in-law
- Crystal (Eric) Huenefeld, Granddaughter
- Jerome (Megan) Edge III, Grandson
- Richard (Crystal) Edge, Grandson
- Andrea Edge, Granddaughter
- Cristina Lehman, Granddaughter
- Charlotee Huenefeld, Great Granddaughter
- Jerome "JR" Edge IV, Great Grandson
- Raymond (Debby) Ptak, Brother
- Dear uncle and friend to many.
- Memorial Gathering Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Memorial Service Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Richard Thomas Ptak
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Lanise & Steve Jacoby-Carme
December 10, 2018
We have so many, many cherished memories of Rich. He was an amazing storyteller and his stories brought smiles and laughter to all who knew him. Our hearts break for you, Eve, and your wonderful family, but his incredible spirit will live on through those who were fortunate enough to have met him.
July 16, 2018
Rest in peace Rich.