Catherine Warren Shires
September 20, 1923 – September 14, 2019
Catherine Warren Shires, 95, of Collinsville, passed away Saturday, September 14, 2019 at Blue Ridge Manor of Martinsville. She was born in Martinsville, September 20, 1923 to George and Lena Hundley Warren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Edward Clark Shires, Sr., sisters, Marietta Smith and Mildred Richardson. She is survived by one son, Edward C. Shires, Jr. and wife, Kathleen of Wilmington, NC; sister-in-law, Mary Ann Shires Gwyn and husband, Roy of Roanoke; brother-in-law, Benjamin C. Shires and wife, Betty of Collinsville; grandchildren, Scott Shires and wife, Heather, Terri Toler and husband, Brian, Lisa Albert, John Albert, and Emilee Billeaud and wife Jody; great-grandchildren, Faith, Emma, Chloe, Kaileigh, Josephine, Zoe and Emerson.
The funeral service will be held Friday, September 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM at McKee-Stone Funeral Home in Martinsville with the Rev. Libby Grammer officiating. Interment will follow at Oakwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends beginning at 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM, prior to the funeral service at McKee-Stone Funeral Home.
Catherine’s son, Ed, is recuperating from a recent bone marrow transplant. While he is happy to be able to attend the services and to see everyone, he will be unable to personally greet anyone due to his compromised immune system.
Memorial Contributions may be made to First Baptist Church of Martinsville, 23 Starling Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112.
- George Warren, Father (deceased)
- Lena Hundley Warren, Mother (deceased)
- Edward Clark Shires, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Marietta Smith, Sister (deceased)
- Mildred Richardson, Sister (deceased)
- Edward C. Shires, Jr., Son
- Kathleen Shires, Daughter-in-law
- Mary Ann Shires Gwyn, Sister-in-law
- Roy Gwyn, Husband to Mary
- Benjamin C. Shires, Brother-in-law
- Betty Shires, Benny's wife
- Scott Shires, Grandchild
- Terri Toler, Grandchild
- Lisa Albert, Grandchild
- John Albert, Grandchild
- Emilee Billeaud, Grandchild
First Baptist Church of Martinsville
23 Starling Avenue, Martinsville, Virginia 24112
- Visitation Friday, September 20, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, September 20, 2019
- Interment Friday, September 20, 2019
Catherine Warren Shires
September 18, 2019
Ed, so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. She was a sweet lady. I'm remembering all the fun times that all of us John Redd Blvd. kids had riding bikes and playing with one another! All of us meeting in the mornings to catch the school bus,too! Hope your health continues to improve. Will keep u in my prayers!