Dorothy W Turner
October 29, 1919 – December 10, 2018
Dorothy Williams Turner, 99, of the Figsboro Community, passed away on Monday, December 10, 2018. She was born in Henry County, October 29, 1919, to Johnny W. Williams and Lilly Florence Stultz Wlliams. Mrs. Turner was a member of Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church and the United Methodist Women. She also had a passion for quilting and was a member of the Pleasant Quilters.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Jasper DeShazo (J.D.) Turner; her son, Larry Milton Turner; a sister, Gertrude Alexander and a brother, Randolph Williams.
Surviving are a son and daughter-in-law, Glenwood R. and Janice Mason Turner; daughter-in-law, Carolyn Davis Turner; grandchildren, Randy Turner (Debbie), Pam Freedman (Glenn), Lara Pendleton (Rusty), and Jason Turner (Michelle); great-grandchildren, Brandon and Emily Turner, Lindsey and Justin Freedman, Jarrod Casper, Davis and Will Turner and Sydney Grace Pendleton.
The funeral service will be held Friday at Noon at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church where the family will receive friends from 10:00 a.m.to 12:00 p.m., prior to the funeral service. Pastor Gil Lee will officiate.
Interment at the Turner-Davis-Martin Family Cemetery will be private.
In lieu of flowers the family requests memorials be made to Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, 1000 Snow Creek Road, Martinsville, VA 24112.
Arrangements are by McKee-Stone Funeral Home in Martinsville. To express online condolences, please visit www.collinsmckeestonemartinsville.com.
- Johnny William Williams, Father
- Lillie Florence Stultz Williams, Mother
- Jasper DeShazo "J.D." Turner, Husband
- Larry Milton Turner, Son
- Gertrude Alexander, Sister
- Randolph Williams, Brother
- Carolyn Davis Turner, Daughter-in-law
- Glenwood Randolph Turner, Son
- Janice Mason Turner, Daughter-in-law
- Randy Turner, Grandson
- Debbie Turner, Grandson's Wife
- Brandon Turner, Great Grandson
- Emily Turner, Great Granddaughter
- Pam Freedman, Granddaughter
- Glenn Freedman, Granddaughter's husband
- Lindsey Freedman, Great Granddaughter
- Justin Freedman, Great Grandson
- Lara Pendleton, Granddaughter
- Rusty Pendleton, Granddaughter's husband
- Jarrod Casper, Great Grandson
- Sydney Grace Pendleton, Great Granddaughter
- Jason Turner, Grandson
- Michelle Turner, Grandson's Wife
- Davis Turner, Great Grandson
- Will Turner, Great Grandson
- Randy Turner, Active
- Brandon Turner, Active
- Justin Turner, Active
- Rusty Pendleton, Active
- Jarrod Casper, Active
- Jason Turner, Active
- Dennis Turner, Active
- Donnell Harris, Active
- Glen Allen, Active
- Visitation/Receiving of Friends Friday, December 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, December 14, 2018
Dorothy W Turner
December 15, 2018
Hello, I didn’t know Mrs. Turner, but I’m sure she was loved, and I do know it’s hard when you lose a loved one. Fear not, Jehovah God and his son Jesus will resurrect her. Just keep trust in Jehovah and he will help you. Pray to him and throw your anxieties on him. :)
Your friend, Ayla