John Hubbard Engstrom
April 25, 1942 – November 3, 2019
John Hubbard Engstrom, 77 of Collinsville, VA passed away Sunday, November 3, 2019 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He was born April 25th 1942 in Jamestown, NY to Phyllis Hubbard Engstrom and Julius Engstrom.
John served in the Army and is a Vietnam Veteran. He spent his career working for Weber Knapp Company which brought him and his family to Henry County. He was an active member of the local AMVETS, as well as, Smith Memorial United Methodist Church. He spent his spare time volunteering for Grace Network, golfing and spending time with family and friends.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife of 52 years, Patricia A. Engstrom.
Surviving are his sons, Jay Engstrom and his wife, Whitney of Daleville, VA, Brant Engstrom and his wife, Nichole of Salem, MA, one brother Den Engstrom and his wife Mary of Penfield, NY, one sister Wendy Barr and her husband, Jim of Canandaigua, NY, one sister-in law, Judy Hummerich and her husband Dave of San Diego, CA, one brother-in-law, Ron Johnson of Frewsberg, NY, Four grandchildren, Eric Engstrom, Sydney Ritchie, Tommy Engstrom and Peyton Engstrom and four great-grandchildren, Nora, Reagan, Eilise and Sawyer Ritchie.
The Memorial Service will be held at 12:00 PM, Saturday, November 16, 2019 at Smith Memorial United Methodist Church with Reverend Cameron Wilde officiating. The family will receive friends two hours prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers the family would like to request donations to Richard’s Dinner via Grace Network. Please make sure all donations are earmarked “Richard’s Dinner- John Engstrom.” https://forms.ministryforms.net/viewForm.aspx?formId=dea0b59a-049f-49f3-af30-8623ca44878e
- Julius Engstrom, Father (deceased)
- Phyllis Hubbard Engstrom, Mother (deceased)
- Patricia A. Engstrom, Wife of 52 years (deceased)
- Jay Engstrom, Son
- Whitney Engstrom, Daughter-in-law
- Brant Engstrom, Son
- Nichole Engstrom, Daughter-in-law
- Den Engstrom, Brother
- Mary Engstrom, Sister-in-law
- Wendy Barr, Sister
- Jim Barr, Brother-in-law
- Judy Hummerich, Sister-in-law
- Dave Hummerich, Judy's husband
- Ron Johnson, Brother-in-law
- Eric Engstrom, Grandchild
- Sydney Ritchie, Grandchild
- Tommy Engstrom, Grandchild
- Peyton Engstrom, Grandchild
- Nora Ritchie, Great Grandchild
- Reagan Ritchie, Great Grandchild
- Eilise Ritchie, Great Grandchild
- Sawyer Ritchie, Great Grandchild
- Richard's Dinner via Grace Networka
- Visitation Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Memorial Service Saturday, November 16, 2019
John Hubbard Engstrom
November 11, 2019
I met John when he was a rep for Weber Knapp and I designed furniture. We had known each other for over 30 years and when I traveled to Jamestown NY while designing for Bush Industries, he was in Jamestown with Weber Knapp. He was always a delight to be around and I have the utmost respect for him. After he retired and I moved back to Martinsville, we would see each other occasionally and talk about old times and our faith. God bless his family.