Nancy Margaret Pendleton Stone
August 23, 1936 – August 9, 2020
Nancy Pendleton Stone of Collinsville, passed away Sunday, August 9, 2020. She was born in Patrick County on August 23, 1936 to Pearl Jones Pendleton Walker and John Marvin Pendleton. In addition to her parents, Mrs. Stone was preceded in death by her husband Linwood A. Stone, Jr.; two daughters, Kathy Stone Vernon and Deborah Jean Stone; step-father Fred L. Walker and brother, Kenneth R. Pendleton.
She is survived by her daughter, Cheryl Stone Merriman (Tim); son-in-law Dennis Vernon; grandchildren, Jessica V. Brooks (Michael), Sarah V. Nemeth (Joe), Linwood Clay Merriman (Ashton), Cameron M. Cooper (Kiah), Cody Merriman, Mike Vernon (Rebecca), Rebecca Vernon; great-grandchildren, Landon Nemeth, Carson & Kathlynn Brooks, Kiah Cooper II, Michael & Samuel Vernon; sisters, Norma P. Reed (Jan), Carol Walker, Vicky W. Carter (Rusty); brother, Donald L. Walker (Kay); sister-in-law Sandra D. Stone and several nieces and nephews.
The family is very appreciative of the special care provided to Mrs. Stone by Vanessa Dillard and Mildred Watkins.
Mrs. Stone retired from Stone Funeral Home and Stone Ambulance Service with 27 years of service and was a member of First Baptist Church of Collinsville.
A Graveside service will be held at 11:00 am on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at Roselawn Burial Park with Rev. Dr. J D Harmon officiating. Due to covid-19 everyone is asked to please wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines. The family will receive visitors at the home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Stone Memorial Christian Church, 3030 Virginia Ave. Collinsville, VA. 24078.
- Pearl Jones Pendleton Walker, Mother (deceased)
- John Marvin Pendleton, Father (deceased)
- Linwood A. Stone, Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Kathy Stone Vernon, Daughter (deceased)
- Deborah Jean Stone, Daughter (deceased)
- Fred L. Walker, Step-father (deceased)
- Kenneth R. Pendleton, Brother (deceased)
- Cheryl Stone Merriman, Daughter
- Tim Merriman, Son-in-law
- Dennis Vernon, Son-in-law
- Jessica V. Brooks, Granddaughter
- Michael Brooks, Jessica's husband
- Sarah V. Nemeth, Granddaughter
- Joe Nemeth, Sarah's husband
- Linwood Clay Merriman, Grandson
- Ashton Merriman, Clay's wife
- Cameron M. Cooper, Grandchild
- Kiah Cooper, Cameron's husband
- Cody Merriman, Grandson
- Mike Vernon, Grandson
- Rebecca Vernon, Mike's wife
- Rebecca Vernon, Granddaughter
- Landon Nemeth, Great Grandson
- Carson Brooks, Great Grandson
- Kathlynn Brooks, Great Granddaughter
- Kiah Cooper II, Great Grandson
- Michael Vernon, Great Grandson
- Samuel Vernon, Great Grandson
- Norma P. Reed, Sister
- Jan Reed, Brother-in-law
- Carol Walker, Sister
- Vicky W. Carter, Sister
- Rusty Carter, Brother-in-law
- Donald L. Walker, Brother
- Kay Walker, Sister-in-law
- Sandra D. Stone, Sister-in-law
- Mrs. Stone was also survived by several nieces and nephews.
Learn more about the Stone name
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Family will receive friends at the residence
Nancy Margaret Pendleton Stone
August 11, 2020
Cheryl and family...your mother was always such a sweet, classy lady and I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time of loss.