January 5, 1930 – July 11, 2019
Reamona Myrtle Compton Bussey, 89, of Stoneville, NC passed away on Thursday, July 11, 2019. She was born January 5, 1930 to Elmo Powell Compton and Grace Barrow Compton.
She was an active member of Fontaine Baptist Church since 1953 where she served as Sunday school teacher, in the Women’s mission groups and Vacation Bible School.
She is survived by her children, Deborah B. Taylor and Wayne Taylor of Spencer Va., Donna B. Cox and Jeff Cox of Stoneville, N.C., Walter Herbert “Herb” Bussey, Jr. and Judy Bussey of Stoneville, N.C; grandchildren, Rob Taylor, Jonathan Taylor, Todd Cox, Ashley Greenway, Tara Claybrook, Erin Cox, Lauren Vaden and Dustin Bussey; great grandchildren, Lane Taylor, Lucas Taylor, Easton Taylor, Reece Claybook, Kendall Claybrook, Ricky Greenway and Olivia Vaden; brother, Aubrey L. Compton, Sr., and Phyliss; numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, Reamona was preceded in death by her husband, Walter Herbert Bussey Sr.; son-in-law Dale Thomas; brothers and sisters, Gerald Compton, W. Compton, Ed Compton, Ruth Gregory, Dorothy Snyder, Floyd Compton, E.P. Compton, James Compton, Lucille Peters and Evelyn Spencer.
The family extends special love and appreciation for caregivers who assisted her: Tara Claybrook, Michelle Compton, Jane Pugh, Faye Bray, Liz Long and Vicky Kellam. The family also appreciates the compassionate care provided by Dr. Terry Daniel and Hospice of Rockingham County.
Memorials may be made to the Fontaine Baptist Church, 170 Fisher Farm Road, Martinsville, VA 24112 or Hospice of Rockingham County, Inc., P.O. Box 28, Wentworth, NC 27375.
The funeral will be held at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2019 at McKee-Stone Funeral Home and will be officiated by Pastor Merle Brown. Interment will follow at Roselawn Burial Park. The family will receive friends at the funeral home one hour prior to the service.
Arrangements are by McKee-Stone Funeral Home-Martinsville, VA
- Elmo Powell Compton, Father (deceased)
- Grace Barrow Compton, Mother (deceased)
- Walter Herbert Bussey Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Dale Thomas, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Gerald Compton, Brother (deceased)
- W. Compton, Brother (deceased)
- Ed Compton, Brother (deceased)
- Ruth Gregory, Sister (deceased)
- Dorothy Snyder, Sister (deceased)
- Floyd Compton, Brother (deceased)
- E.P. Compton, Brother (deceased)
- James Compton, Brother (deceased)
- Lucille Peters, Sister (deceased)
- Evelyn Spencer, Sister (deceased)
- Deborah B. Taylor, Daughter
- Wayne Taylor, Son-in-law
- Donna B. Cox, Daughter
- Jeff Cox, Son-in-law
- Walter Herbert "Herb" Bussey Jr., Son
- Judy Bussey, Daughter-in-law
- Rob Taylor, Grandson
- Jonathan Taylor, Grandson
- Todd Cox, Grandson
- Ashley Greenway, Granddaughter
- Tara Claybrook, Granddaughter
- Erin Cox, Granddaughter
- Lauren Vaden, Granddaughter
- Dustin Bussey, Grandson
- Lane Taylor, Great Grandson
- Lucas Taylor, Great Grandson
- Easton Taylor, Great Grandson
- Reece Claybrook, Great Granddaughter
- Kendall Claybrook, Great Granddaughter
- Ricky Greenway, Great Grandson
- Olivia Vaden, Great Granddaughter
- Aubrey L. Compton Sr., Brother
- Phyllis Compton, Sister-in-law
- Mrs. Bussey was also survived by numerous nieces and nephews
- Rob Taylor
- Jonathan Taylor
- Todd Thomas Cox
- Daniel Claybrook
- Richard Greenway
- Aubrey Lee Compton, Jr.
- Peter Compton
- Wesley Compton
- Visitation Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Burial Saturday, July 13, 2019
July 14, 2019
Just a note to send my condolences to the family. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.... Sincerely, Darryl
July 14, 2019
My condolences to Reamona's family. I worked with her at Central Storage many years ago.
July 14, 2019
My sincere condolences to the entire family. Mrs. Bussey, like so many others from Church, was always a strong role model. I am sorry to hear of her passing.