Robert Lee Barker
June 3, 1941 – April 13, 2019
Robert Lee Barker, Sr., 77, of Axton passed away on Saturday, April 13, 2019. He was born in Pittsylvania County on June 3, 1941 to Oscar Barker, Sr., and Elsie Burnett Barker. In addition to his parents he was also preceded in death by his son, Robert “Robbie” Lee Barker, Jr.; five sisters and three brothers.
He is survived by his wife of 57 years Nellie Wilson Barker; daughters, Susan Barker Nichols, Donna Barker Underwood and husband, Coy; son, Jonathan Lee Barker and wife Shannon; sister, Viola Barker Compton; brother, Oscar Barker, Jr.; four grandchildren and four great grandchildren; also his special friend and hunting buddy, Corky Corcoran.
Mr. Barker retired from East Gate Development and attended Axton Baptist Church. He loved hunting and fishing.
A funeral service will be conducted at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at McKee-Stone Chapel and will be officiated by Pastor Tony Lundy. Interment will be at Roselawn Cemetery. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.
- Oscar Barker Sr., Father
- Elsie Burnett Barker, Mother
- Robert "Robbie" Lee Barker Jr., Son
- Nellie Wilson Barker, Wife
- Susan Barker Nichols, Daughter
- Donna Barker Underwood, Daughter
- Coy Underwood, Son-in-law
- Jonathan Lee Barker, Son
- Shannon Barker, Daughter-in-law
- Brandon Nichols, Grandson
- Ashley Choudhery, Granddaughter
- Joshua Underwood, Grandson
- Hannah Barker, Granddaughter
- Andrew Nichols, Great Grandson
- Logan Nichols, Great Grandson
- Nuh Choudhery, Great Grandson
- Asiyah Choudhery, Great Granddaughter
- Viola Barker Compton, Sister
- Oscar Barker Jr., Brother
- Coy Underwood, Active
- Joshua Underwood, Active
- Brandon Nichols, Active
- Roger Meeks, Active
- Bernard Wilson, Active
- Timothy Wilson, Active
- Edward Wilson, Active
- Jeff Corcoran, Active
- Visitation Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Burial Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Robert Lee Barker
April 16, 2019
Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.