John E. Lund
February 28, 1935 – November 5, 2018
John E. Lund, age 83, passed away on Monday, November 5, 2018.
He was born on February 28, 1935 in Lubbock, TX to the late Carl E. Lund and Kathryn Drake Lund.
John grew up in Knoxville, TN and attended East High School where his love of the Tennessee Vols began. He then graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1962 with a degree in Engineering.
He was co-owner of Metrodyne, Inc., a Manufacturer’s Representative Company for process control and instrumentation located in Charlotte, NC.
John was a member of the Davidson Lions Club for ten years.
He was proud of achieving a Hole-In-One at the Thistle Golf Course in Calabash, NC.
Mr. Lund is survived by his wife, Pam Lund; children, Carol Jernigan (Dr. Jeff Jernigan), Kelly Furr (Johnny), and Karen Caldwell (David); stepchildren, Scott Totaro (Beth) and Kristine West (Dan); grandchildren, Mary King (Jeff), Christopher Jernigan, Lillian Johnson, Forrest Furr, Gillian Totaro, Tyler Hughes, John Caldwell, Michael Totaro, Grey Caldwell, Carleigh Totaro, Evan West and Carson West; great grandchildren, Wally King, Amis King, Gus King, Laci Overcash and Brayden Overcash.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his brothers, Kenneth Lund and Robert Lund.
A visitation will be held from 3:00 p, until 5:00 pm on Thursday, November 8, 2018 at McEwen Funeral Service-Mint Hill Chapel, 7428 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill, NC 28227 with the funeral service following at 5:00 pm.
A graveside service will be held at 11:00 am on Friday, November 9, 2018 at Sharon Memorial Park.
Memorials can be made to Hospice of Charlotte, Lake Norman.
Condolences may be offered at www.mcewenminthillchapel.com.
- Pam Lund, Wife
- Carol Jernigan (Dr. Jeff Jernigan), Daughter
- Kelly Furr (Johnny), Daughter
- Karen Caldwell (David), Daughter
- Scott Totaro (Beth), Stepson
- Kristine West (Dan), Stepdaugther
- Mary King (Jeff), Grandchild
- Christopher Jernigan, Grandchild
- Lillian Johnson, Grandchild
- Forrest Furr, Grandchild
- Gillian Totaro, Grandchild
- Tyler Hughes, Grandchild
- John Caldwell, Grandchild
- Michael Totaro, Grandchild
- Grey Caldwell, Grandchild
- Carleigh Totaro, Grandchild
- Evan West, Grandchild
- Carson West, Grandchild
- Wally King, Great Grandchild
- Amis King, Great Grandchild
- Gus King, Great Grandchild
- Laci Overcash, Great Grandchild
- Brayden Overcash, Great Grandchild
- Hospice of Charlotte, Lake Norman
- Visitation Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Graveside Service Friday, November 9, 2018
John E. Lund
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
November 8, 2018
It's never easy when we lose someone dear to us. May you find comfort in the God who cares for you as well as family and friends to give the needed strength to bear this burden. Please accept my
condolences on your incredible loss of a husband, father, grandfather, etc. Jesus gives comforting assurance that those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out to a resurrection of life. Let's wait that hour. I encourage you to look to the time when death will be brought to nothing then none of us would experience such heartbreaking situation. Continue to take care of yourselves since Mr. Lund will be missed by all of you.
November 7, 2018
Kelly and family, Love you, our thoughts and prayers are with you. You have so many good memories, beautiful pictures, your Dad will always live in your heart. Madelyn and family