Evelyn Rae Singer
April 23, 1936 – July 3, 2018
Evelyn "Evie" Rae Singer, age 82, of Los Angeles, California, passed away on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 (20 Tamuz 5778). Evelyn was born April 23, 1936 in Albany, New York, to Isadore and Lillian (neé Davidovitch) Singer.
Evelyn is survived by her brother-in-law, Jerry (Florence, OBM) Cohen; her nieces, Laura Cohen and Eva (Steven, OBM) Weingarten, her nephews, Mark (Illayne, OBM) Kiel and Irwin (Judy) Singer, and her great-nieces, Ashton Cohen-Weingarten and Lindsay Cohen-Weingarten.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her brother, Nathan (Betty, OBM) Singer, Of Blessed Memory; her sister, Florence (Jerry) Cohen, Of Blessed Memory; her nieces, Illayne (Mark) Cohen Kiel, Of Blessed Memory and Marsha Singer, Of Blessed Memory, and her nephew, Steven (Eva) Cohen, Of Blessed Memory.
Funeral services for Evelyn will be held Sunday, July 8, 2018 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Groman Eden Mortuary. Services will be officiated by Rabbi Diane Cohen and will conclude graveside, in Eden Memorial Park. Evelyn was the owner of Doheny Travel for more than 20 years, and was most recently with Cassis Travel. All told, she worked in travel over 40 years.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in Evelyn's memory be made to: The Heart Foundation 31822 Village Center Road Suite 208 Westlake Village, CA 91361 www.theheartfoundation.org
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.dignitymemorialjewish.com for the Cohen / Singer family. Arrangements are under the direction of Groman Eden Mortuary.
- Laura Cohen, Niece
- Eva (Steven, OBM) Weingarten, Niece
- Mark (Illayne, OBM) Kiel, Nephew
- Irwin (Judy) Singer, Nephew
- Jerry (Florence, OBM) Cohen, Brother-in-law
- Ashton Cohen-Weingarten, Great-Niece
- Lindsay Cohen-Weingarten, Great-Niece
- Nathan (Betty, OBM) Singer, Of Blessed Memory, Brother
- Florence (Jerry) Cohen, Of Blessed Memory, Sister
- Illayne (Mark) Cohen Kiel, Of Blessed Memory, Niece
- Marsha Singer, Of Blessed Memory, Niece
- Steven (Eva) Cohen, Of Blessed Memory, Nephew
- The Heart Foundation
- Funeral Services Sunday, July 8, 2018
Evelyn Rae Singer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
July 8, 2018
my heartfelt condolences to the Singer family. I will always remember Evie
as a thoughtful, kind hearted person. She had a wonderful warmth about
her that she shared with everyone. She will be truly missed and always
be remembered with love.