January 9, 1933 – June 11, 2018
Martin Bibicoff, 85, of Santa Clarita, CA, passed away Monday, June 11, 2018, in Santa Clarita, CA. of natural causes. Martin was born on January 9, 1933 in Brooklyn, NY, and had been a resident of the San Fernando Valley, CA for over 35 years before retiring to Las Vegas, Nevada, and then relocating to Cathedral City, CA. Upon the death of his wife of 52 years, Rhoda, he moved to Santa Clarita, CA to be closer to his children.
While employed for over 30 years with Bendix Electrodynamics (now known as Allied Signal) where he was a Hydraulics Specialist working on Federal Government contracted projects that helped strengthen the US Military. Martin also proudly served 4 years during the Korean War in the US Air Force as an Aircraft Mechanic and an additional 15 years in the Air National Guard as an Air Cargo Specialist. As a Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leader, Basebal;l Coach, and through his involvement with the Girl Scout Organization he has been a great influence on many children besides his own 4 children. Up to the day of his death, Martin was active in 2 bowling leagues with a bowling average of 160 and just a few weeks ago received a trophy for high series.
Martin is survived by his 4 children, Bruce Bibicoff and his wife Amy, Laurie Hollander and her husband David, Daryl Bibicoff and his wife Susan, and Debra Bibicoff; grandchildren, Joseph Hollander with wife Shauna, Michelle Lee with husband Matthew, Arik Bibicoff, Matthew Bibicoff, Randall Bibicoff, and Sarah Wykoff with husband, Mathew; and his 4 great grandchildren, Nathan, Sophia, Travis, and Bailey.
Funeral services will be held at 10 am, Friday, June 15, 2018, in the Eternal Light Chapel of Groman Eden Mortuary. Services will be officiated by Rabbi Mark Sobel of Temple Beth Emet, Burbank, CA. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in Martin's memory to: American Heart Association, American Cancer Association, or the National Ataxia Foundation. Arrangements are under the direction of Groman Eden Mortuary.
- Rhoda Bibicoff, Of Blessed Memory, Wife
- Bruce (Amy Lynn) Bibicoff, Son
- Daryl (Susan) Bibicoff, Son
- Laurie Ann (David) Hollander, Daughter
- Debra Sue Bibicoff, Daughter
- Joseph (Shauna) Hollander, Grandchild
- Michelle (Matthew) Lee, Grandchild
- Arik Bibicoff, Grandchild
- Matthew Bibicoff, Grandchild
- Randall Bibicoff, Grandchild
- Sarah (Mathew) Wykoff, Grandchild
- Great Grandchildren- Nathan, Sophia, Travis, and Bailey
- Mathew Wykoff, Active Bearer
- Bruce Bibicoff, Active Bearer
- Daryl Bibicoff, Active Bearer
- Matthew Lee, Active Bearer
- Randy Bibicoff, Active Bearer
- Matthew Bibicoff, Active Bearer
- Arik Bibicoff, Honorary Bearer
- David Hollander, Honorary Bearer
- Funeral Services Friday, June 15, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
American Heart Association
June 12, 2018
May your memories of the wonderful times you shared with your loved one comfort you and your family, today and always.