Doris D. Kelley
August 23, 1932 – May 5, 2018
Doris D. Kelley, 85 of Merriam, KS passed away May 5, 2018. She was born in Pekin, Illinois on the family farm. She was married to Edward Jackson “Jack” Kelley, Jr for 58 years, he preceded her to heaven. They have three boys; Randall (Pam) of Seabeck, Washington, Marshall (Beth) of Lawrence, Kansas and Darrell (Melody) of Olathe, Kansas. Doris has eleven grandchildren: Phillip, Christopher, Matthew, Jamin, Ashley, Jimmy, Emily, Mikaela, Jackson, Dylan and Darby and six great grandchildren, Emma, Tanner, Grace, Ali, Tess and Cora. She graduated from Illinois State University with a degree in Home Economics and worked for Shawnee Mission Schools for over 25 years. She was an active member of Antioch Nazarene Church for many years. Doris spent countless hours researching her genealogy and was a proud member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. She enjoyed her interacting with the Sagamore Chapter. Her best memories were associated with the family cabin in Delta, Wisconsin; socializing with family/friends and sharing adventures. The family will host a visitation/reception from 9:00AM-11:00AM on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at McGilley & Hoge Chapel, 8024 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS, funeral service will immediately follow. Burial will be in Antioch Pioneer Cemetery, Merriam, KS. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Frampton’s Crestview Retreat, Inc., or a charity of your choosing. Online condolences may be left at www.mcgilleyhoge.com.
- Edward Jackson "Jack" Kelley, Jr., Husband
- Randall Kelley and his wife, Pam, Son
- Marshall Kelley and his wife, Beth, Son
- Darrell Kelley and his wife, Melody, Son
- Doris is also survived by eleven grandchildren: Phillip, Christopher, Matthew, Jamin, Ashley, Jimmy, Emily, Mikaela, Jackson, Dylan and Darby and six great grandchildren, Emma, Tanner, Grace, Ali, Tess and Cora.
- Jackson Kelley
- Dylan Kelley
- James Kelley
- Ben Kall
- Jamin Nally
- Austin Low
- Frampton's Crestview Retreat, Inc.
- Charity of the Donor's Choice
- Visitation Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Doris D. Kelley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
May 8, 2018
We had several conversations years ago through which it was clear to me that Doris adored being a mom in many of the same ways I do. From the stories she told, I could tell she was a loving, resourceful mother who really thought for herself. I admired that about her and loved her patriotism! Even though it was time to say good-bye, I’m sad for your family.