October 19, 1933 – March 23, 2020
Leonel Saenz, 86 years of age passed away at his home on March 23, 2020 in La Porte, Texas. Leonel was born on October 19, 1933 in Tienditas Ranch, Texas to Simon and Eliza Solis Saenz. He was a graduate of Benavides High School in 1951. He joined the Air Force right after. He moved to La Porte, TX in 1969, where he worked as a Pipe Fitter for many years. He was active in St. Mary’s Catholic Church and the La Porte Senior Center. He was member of the Red Suspender’s Society. He loved to participate in the Senior Olympics and was a Checker and Domino Master. He also loved playing cards with his family and friends, going to Bingo, gambling at casinos, and spending quality time with his grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Simon and Eliza S. Saenz Sr.; his wife of 43 years Magdalena Saenz; four brothers, Hipolito (Carolina) Saenz, Jose Majin (Adela) Saenz, Alonso (Marylou) Saenz, Liborio (Diana) Saenz; five sisters, Hortencia (Domingo) Ramirez, Tomasita Saenz, Lucinda (Eustolio) Hernandez, Hilda (Danny) Dominguez and Eliza (Ramiro) Cuellar.
Leonel is survived by his daughter, Edna (Joe) Milam of La Porte, Texas; one son, Daniel (April) Saenz of Nacogdoches, Texas; three brothers, Simon (Selma) Saenz Jr. of Benavides, Texas; Robert (Janie) Saenz of Benavides, Texas; Jesse Saenz of Hebbronville, Texas. And his grandchildren, Julia Eliza Milam, Scarlett Alana Saenz, and Gabriel Quinn Saenz; numerous nephews and nieces.
- Simon Saenz Sr., Father (deceased)
- Eliza Saenz, Mother (deceased)
- Magdalene Saenz, Wife (deceased)
- Hipolito Saenz (Carolina), Brother (deceased)
- Jose Majin Saenz (Adela), Brother (deceased)
- Alonso Saenz (Marylou), Brother (deceased)
- Liborio Saenz (Diana), Brother (deceased)
- Hortencia Ramirez (Domingo), Sister (deceased)
- Tomasita Saenz, Sister (deceased)
- Lucinda Hernandez (Eustolio), Sister (deceased)
- Hilda Dominguez (Danny), Sister (deceased)
- Eliza Cuellar (Ramiro), Sister (deceased)
- Edna Milam (Joe), Daughter
- Daniel Saenz (April), Son
- Simon Saenz Jr (Selma), Brother
- Robert Saenz (Janie), Brother
- Jesse Saenz, Brother
- Julia Eliza Milam, Granddaughter
- Scarlett Alana Saenz, Granddaughter
- Gabriel Quinn Saenz, Grandson
- And numerous nephews and nieces.
- Family Will Receive Friends Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Interment Service Thursday, March 26, 2020
Melda Soliz Cabrera
March 25, 2020
I lived just a block away from the Saenz family and I knew many of them. Lucinda was my godmother when I made my first holy communion. Leonel Saenz was one of the older children of Elisa and Simon. Leonel's pictures remind me of Simon Saenz.
Please know that on behalf of Plutarco A. and Audelia R. Soliz (now deceased and of which I am on of their daughters), I send sincere condolences to the Leonel Saenz family.
Benavides Texas is a small community and everyone knew each other back in the 50's. The Saenz family was well respected and loved. Saenz family, never forget Benavides Texas.
May Leonel Rest in Peace! God bless.