Clara B. Weaver
December 19, 1919 – October 10, 2018
Clara B. Weaver, age 98, resident of Phenix City, Alabama, passed away on Wednesday, October 10, 2018. A Celebration of Life will be held at Lakewood Hall of Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, Phenix City, Alabama on Saturday, October 13, 2018, 2 p.m. with Reverend Greg Hyche and Reverend Doug Casey officiating. Interment will follow at Lakeview Memory Gardens. Visitation will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 1-2 p.m. Pallbearers will be Blaine Rosier, Bryce Rosier, Josh Weaver, Ryan Clark, David Weaver, Michael Blount, Rob Priest, and Carey Stokes.
Clara was born on December 19, 1919 in Phenix City, Alabama to the late George Rueben Hill and Cora Cooper Hill. She was the matriarch of a family she loved dearly and was the last surviving child of four brothers and four sisters. Clara married Howard F. Weaver on April 8, 1939 and was married for 56 years. She attended Ladonia Baptist Church and loved her church family. Clara worked in the textile mills, attended cosmetology school, and was a beautician for many years in Columbus and Phenix City.
Other than her parents and husband, she is preceded in death by a daughter, Phyllis East and an infant son, Howard F. Weaver, Jr.
Survivors include her two sons, Howard Ronald Weaver and his wife Susan and David Jeffrey Weaver and his wife Cynthia; grandchildren, Sunnie Weaver Rosier, Josh Weaver and his wife Teri, Melissa Weaver Clark and her husband Ryan, David Weaver and his wife Robyn, Michael Blount and his wife Wendy, and Karen Priest and her husband Rob; great-grandchildren, Blaine Rosier, Bryce Rosier, Meg Rosier, Jack Weaver, Ansley Weaver, Katy Clark, John Henry Clark, Taylor Blount, Courtney Priest, Waverly Welborn, Casey Blount, and Cody Blount; many other relatives and friends.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions be made to Ladonia Baptist Church, ATTN: Building Fund, 3789 US Hwy 80W, Phenix City, Alabama 36870.
- George Rueben Hill, Father
- Cora Belle Hill, Mother
- Howard Fletcher Weaver, Husband
- Howard Ronald (Susan) Weaver, Son
- David Jeffrey (Cynthia) Weaver, Son
- Sunnie Weaver Rosier, Grandchild
- Josh (Teri) Weaver, Grandchild
- Melissa Weaver (Ryan) Clark, Grandchild
- David (Robyn) Weaver, Grandchild
- Michael (wendy) Blount, Grandchild
- Karen (Rob) Priest, Grandchild
- Blaine Rosier, Great Grandchild
- Bryce Rosier, Great Grandchild
- Meg Rosier, Great Grandchild
- Jack Weaver, Great Grandchild
- Ansley Weaver, Great Grandchild
- Katy Clark, Great Grandchild
- John Henry Clark, Great Grandchild
- Taylor Blount, Great Grandchild
- Courtney Priest, Great Grandchild
- Waverly Welborn, Great Grandchild
- Casey Blount, Great Grandchild
- Cody Blount, Great Grandchild
- Visitation Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, October 13, 2018
Clara B. Weaver
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
October 12, 2018
Sad to hear of Aunt Clara's passing. She was a wonderful lady and always had a delightful personality and disposition. She is with the Lord now and all the family members at peace. God's blessing and prayers to the family.
October 12, 2018
I am so sorry to hear about aunt Clara, she lived a wonderful and blessed life and now she is with Uncle Howard and they are together again. My thoughts and prayers are with Ronnie and Jeff and their families now🙏🏻💕