Elizabeth Marion Steele
November 15, 1939 – July 30, 2020
Elizabeth Marion Steele, 80 of Smiths Station, Alabama passed away Thursday, July 30, 2020 at her home. A memorial service will be held 11:00am Saturday, August 8, 2020 at Fellowship Baptist Church in Smiths Station, AL.
Mrs. Steele (known as "House Mouse" to her husband) was born November 15, 1939 in Springfield, Massachusetts, daughter of the late Homer F. and Harriet Burt Goodrich. She was retired with more than 30 years of service from Kinnett Dairy and was a member of Fellowship Baptist Church. Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by twin grandchildren, Nathaniel and McKenzie McIntire; step-son, Gunther Steele; and two sisters.
Survivors include her husband of 40 years, Herbert D. Steele, Jr.; children, Dale McIntire (Linda), Kathleen Shaffer (Mark), Brian McIntire (Leslie); brothers, John F. Goodrich, James Goodrich; six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
- Herbert D. Steele, Jr., Husband of 40 years
- Dale McIntire (Linda), Son
- Kathleen Shaffer (Mark), Daughter
- Brian McIntire (Leslie), Son
- John F. Goodrich, Brother
- James Goodrich, Brother
- Harriet Burt Goodrich, Mother (deceased)
- Homer F. Goodrich, Father (deceased)
- Nathaniel and McKenzie McIntire, Twin Grandchildren (deceased)
- Gunther Steele, Stepson (deceased)
- Mrs. Steele also leaves behind six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
Learn more about the Steele name
Fellowship Baptist Church