Helen Minnie Richards
May 3, 1929 – October 30, 2019
Helen Minnie Mullin Richards, 90, longtime resident of the Phenix City area died Wednesday the 30th of October, 2019 at the Gardens of Calvary with Preferred Hospice at her side. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 P.M. EDT Friday, November 1, 2019 in Lakewood Hall at Striffler-Hamby, Phenix City, AL. Rev. Danny Deith and Rev. Connie Hapell will officiate. Burial will follow in Lakeview Memory Gardens. The family will receive friends from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm prior to the service at the funeral home.
Mrs. Richards was born in Phenix City, Alabama in 1929 to the late Al Dene and Emma Downing Mullin. She received Bachelor’s in Education from Auburn University and was a teacher. Later in her life, she worked as a secretary for Mullin-Richards Engineering and Construction where she worked until she retired. Mrs. Richards was a lifelong member of First Presbyterian Church in Columbus where her family was part of the original founding families. She also enjoyed being a part of the Summerville and Federated Garden Club where she achieved the title Master Flower Show Judge. She loved God, her family and friends; had a beautiful personality and shared it with everyone that knew her.
Other than her parents, she is preceded in death by her beloved husband of 59 years, William E. Richards, Sr., brothers, Dene Mullin, Richard Mullin and Hugh Mullin.
Survivors include her sons, William Richards, Jr. and wife Kathy, Cliff Richards and wife Becky; brother, Bill Mullin, Sr.; grandchildren, Blaire Richards, Will Richards, Emily Richards, Zach Richards, Althea Vacalis and eight great grandchildren.
Memorial gifts may be made to Preferred Hospice in Columbus, GA or to First Presbyterian Church in Columbus, GA. Fond memories or condolences may be left for the Richards family at www.shphenixcity.com.
- Al Dene Mullin, Father (deceased)
- Emma Downing Mullin, Mother (deceased)
- Dene Mullin, Brother (deceased)
- Richard Mullin, Brother (deceased)
- Hugh Mullin, Brother (deceased)
- William E. Richards, Sr., Husband of 59 Years (deceased)
- William E. Richards, Jr., Son
- Kathy Richards, Daughter-in-law
- Cliff Richards, Son
- Becky Richards, Daughter-in-law
- Bill Mullin Sr., Brother
- Blaire Richards, Grandchild
- Will Richards, Grandchild
- Emily Richards, Grandchild
- Zach Richards, Grandchild
- Althea Vacalis, Grandchild
- Mrs. Richards also leaves behind eight great grandchildren along with other extended relatives and friends to cherish her loving memory.
- Visitation for Family & Friends Friday, November 1, 2019
- Celebration of Life Funeral Service Friday, November 1, 2019